Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLO owners...has anyone out there installed a different exhaust tip setup on their systems other than the standard dual tip in various sizes? I fell in love with the SLP tips back in April of 09 when I bought her... I am thinking about a refreshed new look in the back with the SOLO sound...research has led me to believe that the sound shouldnt change but an octave.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
I stayed with the stock tips.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
SOLO owners...has anyone out there installed a different exhaust tip setup on their systems other than the standard dual tip in various sizes? I fell in love with the SLP tips back in April of 09 when I bought her... I am thinking about a refreshed new look in the back with the SOLO sound...research has led me to believe that the sound shouldnt change but an octave.
SOLO offers an angled rectangular tip as a special order to any of their exhaust offerings. I believe RedRealRocket had them installed and posted pictures a while back., they're not beveled like the SOLO 3" or 3.5" tips, but they look nice. I can't find the thread that he posted back in April when he got the rectangular tips installed. Oh well.

I had the SLP (drone monster) GTX catback exhaust system installed on my 2001 Grand Prix GT (3800 V6) and it came with the trapezoidal rolled-edged tips; they really looked good.

I don't see why, if you purchase the SLP tips to complete the look, you couldn't have them welded onto the rear of a SOLO system.

Just don't go telling people that it's an SLP catback, because that wouldn't be right. :wink2: lol

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOLO offers an angled rectangular tip as a special order to any of their exhaust offerings. I believe RedRealRocket had them installed and posted pictures a while back., they're not beveled like the SOLO 3" or 3.5" tips, but they look nice. I can't find the thread that he posted back in April when he got the rectangular tips installed. Oh well.

I had the SLP (drone monster) GTX catback exhaust system installed on my 2001 Grand Prix GT (3800 V6) and it came with the trapezoidal rolled-edged tips; they really looked good.

I don't see why, if you purchase the SLP tips to complete the look, you couldn't have them welded onto the rear of a SOLO system.

Just don't go telling people that it's an SLP catback, because that wouldn't be right. :wink2: lol
The word SLP will never leave my mouth...Im SOLO proud and will describe them as "Custom" tips ;)

I will post pics on one of the Solo threads when complete...while I am in the muffler shop I will also be removing the resonators... This will give me an official straight pipe set up with NO drone....heaven!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
The word SLP will never leave my mouth...Im SOLO proud and will describe them as "Custom" tips ;)
Nice.

I do love those SLP "custom" tips too. This is what I had on my grand prix.

I think a few members on here have them as well, but they're mated to SLP "loudmouth" systems, and those surely drone crazy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts