Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have issues with solo exhaust not coming fully out of the bumper? Its melting the diffuser and reflectors. If its not a common issue, are there any fixes for it besides extending the tips by adding more pipe

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
When I installed mine, I thought that the tips were closer to the diffuser than I liked (they weren't touching, I just didn't like the spacing), and I wanted each side a little more "even" along with adjusting the tips, so I bent the hanger on the pipe up a little bit (while on the ground, which when hanging, would give that extra space), and kept at it until I was happy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks like you have the 3.5 in tips that are designed for the GXP diffuser. You either need the correct size tips or a diffuser from a GXP. Reach out to Commodore Specialties. Mark is an awesome guy and has amazing prices and customer service.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought to measure them since i asked for the 3" tips. On the plus side i already got a gxp diffuser from mark. The down side, i went to install it and found that i have a early 08 model that needs the bumper cut to fit the gxp diffuser.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I never thought to measure them since i asked for the 3" tips. On the plus side i already got a gxp diffuser from mark. The down side, i went to install it and found that i have a early 08 model that needs the bumper cut to fit the gxp diffuser.

Oh ok nice. Bummer about the cutting but should be pretty easy. Measure 10 x's, take off as little as possible and you'll be fine. Use something small like a dremmel so you have more control.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Forget the dremmel, one of the first guys to do the swap only needed a utility knife to trim the bumper.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Great catch JAYDBPR and best of fortune Craig Miller modifying the bumper to accommodate the gxp diffuser. The price of one has increased substantially over the years and regret selling one awhile back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts