Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Solo high flow cats and got CEL codes P0420 and P0430.

The other mods n my car are Vararam and Solo Mach shorty cat back. There is no tune on the car yet.

I installed the Solo HFC last week and had the Vararam and cat back for the past 4 years.

Jeff at Solo Performance said that he has seem this happen specifically when using the Vararam CAI and Solo HFC.

Has anyone else seem codes with this combination?

Jeff recommended going back to stock intake or tuning?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Get a tune

·
F1rehawk
672 Posts
Anyone have Rick Crawfords email? The one I replied to is
[email protected]
but no replies yet.
Good luck getting a reply. The legend is quite busy to say the least. Emailed him 2 years ago and never got a reply. Maybe if someone has his phone number that could accelerate the process. It's quite the simple tune and I know some members here do remote tunes!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's on Facebook but I refuse to create a Facebook account so...
Yeah my tune is simple for people that tune the G8 and I just need a reliable tuner.
I also contacted Pat Guerrera who did reply at least it was a canned reply but the cost was 899$ which is way more than I would like to spend for my stock motor.

·
F1rehawk
672 Posts
He's on Facebook but I refuse to create a Facebook account so...
Yeah my tune is simple for people that tune the G8 and I just need a reliable tuner.
I also contacted Pat Guerrera who did reply at least it was a canned reply but the cost was 899$ which is way more than I would like to spend for my stock motor.
That's nuts. Well overpriced. Paid 400$ Canadian for my STREET tune with a very reputable tuner in the Toronto area. Look around, I'm sure another member will chime in.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's nuts. Well overpriced. Paid 400$ Canadian for my STREET tune with a very reputable tuner in the Toronto area. Look around, I'm sure another member will chime in.
To be fair Pat G's business was factoring in the HP Tuners purchase needed for tunes done through email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts