Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've had my SOLO on now for a few months and am absolutely in love with the way this car sounds now so thought I'd post some pics and thoughts on the whole setup.

1st, choosing between the 4 different SOLO setups was tough. However I chose to go with the quietest offering with the Mach Balanced since, in the future I may consider going with HFC's and I know that will louden it up a bit. I also opted for the 3.5" tips. I've heard some say the Mach Balanced is just too quiet, and I can certainly understand that. Still, it sounds 1000% better than stock and I'm imcredibly happy, not only with the awesome sound, but also with the quality of the product itself and the incredible customer service I received from beginning to end. With calls to [email protected] asking dumbass questions, great packaging, free t-shirt and other goodies, I'm 100% glad I ended up going with SOLO. That being said, here are some choice pics I've taken before, during and after install.

STOCK Exhaust

Here are a couple of videos though I don't feel these do the note justice at all compared to standing next to the car in real life.

This one is in a parking garage and so it sounds more aggressive than it really is.
http://youtu.be/A8pWgUpxQMk

On the dynojet
http://youtu.be/CgqIeJPn4oM

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice set up and great crystal pics as well. Love the wheels, are you rolled?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
:thumbsup:

Great choice!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you have a stock tune or after-market tune? AFM on or off? Any drone when the AFM kicks on?

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dyno tuned. AFM is disabled. Far as install, heck if I know. I let the professionals put it on. I personally hate crawling under a car without a lift.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice set up and great crystal pics as well. Love the wheels, are you rolled?
Not yet. I want to be but hear its tricky on the G8 without peeling the paint.

·
Registered
933 Posts
could you install that at home without a lot of special gear?
You should be able to do it at home. The G8 exhaust is suspended via rubber hangers to help dampen vibrations from the engine. Jack the car up, jack stands and roll under on a creeper. Might have some trouble with rusted bolts, but a good penetrating oil or torch to heat them might help.

The metal "pegs" or rods you see on parts of both exhausts in the pictures are the parts that stick into the rubber hangers.

If you have an impact gun it'd be easy peasy.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks awesome I'm trying to decide between the Mach and Mach Shorty myself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed the same system on my G8, and I love it.

For me it has the right balance - quiet at idle (which is good so I don't disturb the neighbors in the morning), and a nice growl at WOT.

And yes, Steve at Solo was awesome to work with!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I plan on picking up my new G8 on wed. First thing for sure is going to be exhaust. Ofcourse for the mean time i can only afford the solo axleback :( does anybody know the part number for 3.5" tips? the 3" tips that already come with axleback kit, are they removable?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks great!

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Congrats, I love the solo exhausts!

Looks great on your car, and some great pics you took.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts