Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my SOLO Mach Balanced and high flow cats installed on my GT. I had this setup on my first G* GT and absolutely loved the sound. This time it seems like it's a lot louder and crackles more, especially above 2,500 RPM. I have the exact same setup including the RotoFab and 3.5" tips. Is there any way to make the system a little quieter without taking off the HFC's?

It's not bad while driving normal, but it's VERY loud when i get into it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When mine was installed we added solo's resonators at the rear after to listening to the car. Its tight but there is enough room and it tones it down quite a bit. Still got a good bite when your into it but reasonable now around the suburbs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you guys every throw any engine codes when putting on the HFCs? Im thinking of getting them. i currently have the Mach 1 balanced.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I love my Solo set-up and wish it was a little louder. I ran the HF cats for 2+ year before I started throwing codes last year. I think my problem was it all got a little loose as it's rattling against the cross-member now. I tuned it this year and have not had a code yet. Will do some suspension work in a couple weeks and take the cat-back off and then re-install. I'd put them on again in a heartbeat. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts