Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow G8'ers I just installed the Solo Mach Balanced exhaust system. I get this wierd sound when the engine drops to 4Cyl mode. Is there anybody out there that had a similar issue. It so bad I want my factory system back (dumb me scrapped it:cursin:). Can anyone help with this issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes I have the axle back this is the AFM kicking in as explained to me you can get a tube or a cortex and **** it off so the 8 cylinders are always firing or keep it as is and have the sound. It only does it when cruising until you speed up. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'll trade you my stock system! Maybe!?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im getting a dyno tune this week so I'll most def will have that deactivated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
There has always been a misunderstanding about drone. The J-pipes kill the 1800 rpm range drone, but won't get rid of the AFM changeove (which some folks refer to as drone). That can only be done by turning AFM off (by tune or DOD delete) or by getting some good earplugs. That being said, some folks are more sensitive to the changeover than others, so it becomes personal preference.
I lent a set of axle backs to a GT owner once and the first thing he did when he got home was take them off.

Congrats on the Solo system! I will put one on mine as soon as I stop spending $$$ on everything else!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Love my SOLO. Had AFM tuned out at the time of install so I've never experienced this issue. Only a very slight drone around 1500rpm. If you went back to stock you'd hate it. Good luck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
the only way to stop this til you get your tune is to manual shift (which is fun to me). I still have my AFM on but will probably go ahead and tune it off. But manually stick it til you get the tune. AFM doesnt kick in in manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts