·
Registered
1,357 Posts
yeah the sound....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Give me a couple hours to get off work and pick it up from the shop and I'll post the vid I'm on the iPhone and YouTube isn't cooperating tonight haha

*edit* additional pictures

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did the headers work out since you're the first to put them on? Any pictures of the header fitment?
The headers actually bolted up with no problems or any need of modification. I have more pics just give me a few minutes to get home and get them on the computer and then I'll post them

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
I definitely want pics of the header fitment and of where they are welded to the solo exhaust.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definitely want pics of the header fitment and of where they are welded to the solo exhaust.
added pics to the first post and a video there are some additional pics in the fourth post as well

The headers are not welded to the exhaust they are bolted together with the ball and flair style flanges that were on the kit and that came with the headers

·
Vendor
1,293 Posts
Looks and sounds fantastic...I can't wait to hear video of it under load! Those seem to fit really well with the headers...that's good information for us to know! Thanks again for posting this!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks and sounds fantastic...I can't wait to hear video of it under load! Those seem to fit really well with the headers...that's good information for us to know! Thanks again for posting this!

No problem Steve thank you for all the help you gave me when i was deciding which kit i wanted to go with. There aren't many companies out there that will call the customer back with suggestions on what peices might fit well together. I'm glad i could be the first one to mount your exhaust up to a set of longtubes. Cant wait to pick it up in the morning and do a little :driving:

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Looks and sounds good. I would love to do the same thing but I need cats. I'm not into the catless smell but I know it is going to sound outstanding...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks and sounds good. I would love to do the same thing but I need cats. I'm not into the catless smell but I know it is going to sound outstanding...
I might add some high flow cats later on. The smell won't bother me my old 02 trans am didn't have cats either

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
I might add some high flow cats later on. The smell won't bother me my old 02 trans am didn't have cats either
I have been trying to figure out a way to add the high flows as well. I would like to try to squeeze Solo cats (if they are released) on the header itself and leave the cat back intact. This way I can just pop off the headers and add the original manifold and cats back when it is time to smog. I just can't tell if there is going to be enough space between where the collector and the header meets the catback.

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
The flange comes with the headers? everywhere i've seen them they are just a 3" collector. Can you PM me a link where you bought yours. I want the same ones.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes the flanges come with the headers. They don't show them in the pictures but they are on the header when you open up the box. You both have pm's to the headers I bought

·
Registered
374 Posts
They look very good. Any installation issues? Sensor wires reach on both sides?

Thanks much for the pm,

JAM

·
Vendor
1,293 Posts
Rob- are those the 3.5" tips or 3" ones?
I asked him the same thing yesterday LOL...they are the 3" in the stock GT fascia.

·
Registered
896 Posts
That is one of the greatest sounds I have ever heard. I may have to do a set of headers next, cause the Solo V2 exhaust (while fantastic on its own) just ain't loud enough for me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts