Pontiac G8 Forum banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
T409 stainless will develop surface rust in a more harsh climate, but that will not effect the longevity or performance of the product. The tips are T304 polished stainless, so they will stay shiny as long as you clean them. Thanks.
I did a quick search after the previous post and found this info. I'm not worried about surface rust under the car where I can't even see it! I was expecting the exhaust today but I think this polar vortex may have slowed FedEx a little bit. I'm in Miami, coldest we've had all "winter" is 45 lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did a quick search after the previous post and found this info. I'm not worried about surface rust under the car where I can't even see it! I was expecting the exhaust today but I think this polar vortex may have slowed FedEx a little bit. I'm in Miami, coldest we've had all "winter" is 45 lol
I ordered my Solo axle backs on Black Friday, at 4 pm (even got a 15% discount!). FedEx dropped them off in my driveway the next day at 10am! I couldn't have driven from Detroit to Buffalo, and back, that fast!

Unfortunately, they've sat in the box in my garage ever since. It's been too freaking cold for me to be crawling around my garage floor.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I ordered my Solo axle backs on Black Friday, at 4 pm (even got a 15% discount!). FedEx dropped them off in my driveway the next day at 10am! I couldn't have driven from Detroit to Buffalo, and back, that fast!

Unfortunately, they've sat in the box in my garage ever since. It's been too freaking cold for me to be crawling around my garage floor.
Brave the cold...turn on the space heater...and DO WORK!!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I did a quick search after the previous post and found this info. I'm not worried about surface rust under the car where I can't even see it!
I prefer to call it 'petina' and I wear mine proudly in my daily driver g8.... :)

·
Registered
31 Posts

I was able to get mine on Saturday night, took 20 min with a beer break. Like AzzMilk said, grab the space heater and go!!! It'll be worth it once you hear that rumble! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I was able to get mine on Saturday night, took 20 min with a beer break. Like AzzMilk said, grab the space heater and go!!! It'll be worth it once you hear that rumble! :thumbsup:
X2...

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
All kits and products are in stock and ready to ship. Feel free to call me at 516-655-9002 or email me at [email protected] with any questions or to place an order. Thanks from all of us at Solo Performance and have a great day!

Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just made the switch on Saturday and have a few days to get used to them. Puts a smile on my face every time the car starts and from the inside of the car it's exactly what I wanted. Easy install and good results. Would recommend to anyone with the stock mufflers still on.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have Solo AxlBck on My GXP. Get so many looks and compliments. Drone is slight but very tolerable. Thanks Solohttp://www.g8board.com/forums/images/attach/jpeg.gif

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I have Solo AxlBck on My GXP. Get so many looks and compliments. Drone is slight but very tolerable. Thanks Solohttp://www.g8board.com/forums/images/attach/jpeg.gif
it should be drone free on your gxp, head on over to the sticky post 'how to adjust your J pipes' to tune them!!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
Thanks Zep…the "how to" is stickied in our vendor section.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
Yes, we preset them from the factory to what works best on a stock or slightly modified car. Let it break in 500-1000 miles, and then you can adjust if needed.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
We have all kits in stock and ready to ship! Call today to place your order and become part of the SOLO family. You can reach me 7 days a week, until midnight EST at 516-655-9002. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

Steve

501 - 516 of 516 Posts
About this Discussion
515 Replies
105 Participants
krobss
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing