Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 805 Posts

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNLEASHED!! This is what these cats do to the Pontiac G8. The exhaust note becomes “RAW” with a huge burble on decal. The best part is that there is still not even a hint of drone with any of our exhaust kits. The drivability is dramatically increased, as the car just keeps on pulling and pulling. These deliver raw performance as well as raw sound! We were surprised to see that Pontiac had decreased the internal size of their cats to 1 ¾” on the inlet side. We suspect that they did this for sound control. Our cats are a full 2 ½” all the way through. We use a heave duty flex pipe and laser cut stainless steel flanges along with our stainless steel pipes.

Thanks so much to NightWing, Zepcom, and JEC G8GT for the use of their cars during our initial test and design phase. Nightwing had to constantly give up his car during 3 different test manufacturers and multiple O2 bung placements. All of the initial testing is complete. We are very happy and proud to say that there is over 500 miles on each vehicle and no engine light has come on.

Gm’s OBDII design is very tricky and we are committed to some further testing before we can say that we have the engine light problem solved for sure. We would like to have up to 15 “Beta” test vehicles to further test these cats. If 15 more cars have the converters put on with no CEL (check engine light) issues we will be confidant in telling potential customers that they won’t have any trouble.

We have our manufacturer making a special run of these “200 cell” stainless steel wound cats for us. We have these cats far overrated for this car and this additional “spray” (the catalyst rare metals) is what helps to keep the engine light off. We also have to use an oxygen sensor extender in the two rear O2 ports. The extender is a Solo designed product and is the final puzzle piece to keep the engine light off.

Much testing was done to ensure that we were able to combat the engine light problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this phase. We know that many may not like the idea that only 15 will be released for further testing. This is being done to allow us the opportunity to “fix” any issues that may come up once they are on more peoples vehicles. We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Note: Works perfectly with most aftermarket tunes (VMS, Livernois, etc.) to date. The only tune that has had a few isolated issues is the Superchips/Cortex (same thing). A tune is NOT required to run these cats.

Price: $698 shipped (per pair)

To order, please call Steve at:
Steve Mariano
516-655-9002
(7 Days a Week, up until 12 midnight EST)

Mach Shorty with HF Cats

Mach Shorty with HF Cats II

Mach Shorty with HF Cats- Drive By

Mach with HF Cats- In Cabin- NO DRONE

Mach with Cats- Undercar View

Mach with HF Cats- Rev and Take-Off- In Cabin

Mach with HF Cats- Start-Up and Take-Off- In Cabin

Pictures:

OEM Inside Diameter is Very Narrow

OEM Substrate- Notice how TINY the areas of flow are

Solo Performance 200 Cell Substrate

Inside Diameter Comparison

Group Buy List:

1. jmh325- PAID
2. Virus- PAID
3. Morris- PAID
4. Nick M.- PAID
5. mi04se1- PAID
6. PaycheckG8- PAID
7. Ang- PAID
8. JackswhiteGXP- PAID
9. tchr49- PAID
10. Lazarus Man- PAID
11. Anonymous- PAID
12. wolfcountry- PAID
13. half arrow- PAID
14. igofast- PAID
15. 2 GTOS- PAID

Last 25 @ $593.30

16. TCorzett- PAID
17. dynasty- PAID
18. edtv24- PAID
19. criley- PAID
20. countryclub007- PAID
21. Tim S.- PAID
22. gtdrew- PAID
23. GTHappy- PAID
24. Darryn- PAID
25. Pro-GT- PAID
26. Anonymous- PAID
27. Skyman70- PAID
28. srm6- PAID
29. RealRedRocket- PAID
30. jab336- PAID
31. 96BBB- PAID
32. Techknow- PAID
33. Bob T.- PAID
34. totalblitz- PAID
35. Hemgesberg- PAID
36. M. Temnyk- PAID
37. D. Lowe- PAID
38. Esk93- PAID
39. G8GTSBM- PAID
40. Jam- PAID

·
Registered
34 Posts
Definitely want to jump on this. Just sent you a PM.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If there is a mod you want for your G8....This is it !!!!!

Yeah...Now I can finally say I have SOLO CATS !!

·
09 MSM GT
128 Posts
Steve,
That in cabin video says Mach exhaust. Is that the Mach shorty with the cats as in the exterior vids or just the Mach..

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,
That in cabin video says Mach exhaust. Is that the Mach short with the cats as in the exterior vids or just the Mach..

Thanks
It is the Mach...the Mach Shorty is also no drone.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
steve i'm in...do you still have my CC info
Give me a call tonight if you want at 516-655-9002. I don't keep CC numbers:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Do you have any before and after dyno numbers? I'm comparing these to what I would get with DT headers with aftermarket cats, since the price is comparable.

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
I will be on my way to Buffalo and the 8+ hour drive as soon as I hear they are ready! You know I'm in!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any before and after dyno numbers? I'm comparing these to what I would get with DT headers with aftermarket cats, since the price is comparable.
With our Mach Shorty, they made 27whp and 25TQ. The car pulls hard in EVERY gear!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First order is IN! Thanks for the support jmh325!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Steve,
What's the deal with the O2 extenders in the rear ports (the ports on the exhaust pipe and not the cats)? On my V2 system I simply had to swap the sensors and then reconnect without extenders. On the Mach system I just ordered, will I have to use extenders or are the extenders simply there to keep the CEL off. Confused on this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Any idea how much quieter they will be with the V2-J catback? The mach shorty video sounds good but I already have the V2J on.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve,
What's the deal with the O2 extenders in the rear ports (the ports on the exhaust pipe and not the cats)? On my V2 system I simply had to swap the sensors and then reconnect without extenders. On the Mach system I just ordered, will I have to use extenders or are the extenders simply there to keep the CEL off. Confused on this issue. Thanks.
They are just there to keep the CEL off...we will supply the extenders when you purchase the cats.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Steve,
Swim- Are you going to jump on the Cats as well?

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any idea how much quieter they will be with the V2-J catback? The mach shorty video sounds good but I already have the V2J on.
Probably about 10% quieter...the outside will still sound mean.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Swim- Are you going to jump on the Cats as well?
Thinking about it after hearing your car!! Price is a little more than I expected so I may consider Kooks middies that come with the cats. Time will tell. At least Solo will get the Mach system on the way to me tomorrow and maybe I'll have it installed by the time you hit RI next week!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey Steve, same deal at Zoro as with the Mach Shorty system - installation included with purchase and minus shipping charges?

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Steve, same deal at Zoro as with the Mach Shorty system - installation included with purchase and minus shipping charges?
That is correct buddy! Installation is free and $30 less than group buy price.

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
That is correct buddy! Installation is free and $30 less than group buy price.
I hope you remembered to take the $30 off when you billed my card :wink2:

1 - 20 of 805 Posts