Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my Solo Mach system yesterday, and felt like a kid on Christmas opening the boxes. First off, those are the most heavy duty cardboard boxes I've ever seen.

I was able to get my car up on the lift at work today and dug right in (I glanced at the instructions, so I felt confident enough). In all honesty, this was THEE EASIEST thing I have ever installed on a car (aside from air filters and such, lets not get carried away). The craftsmanship of the system is incredible, no adjustments or anything needed. Took me and my helper/co-worker about 2 hours taking our sweet time. First start up made me cheese from ear to ear. Sound is perfect for me too. Loud enough to let you know it's there, yet quiet enough to not make my fiancee mad because I can't hear her talking (that might be a downside. jk)

Thanks so much for the great customer service, shipping time, and everything about this exhaust.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
solo does indeed produce a great sounding exhaust. congrats on your new set-up!! i can't wait to get me some HFC's...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill get some pics tomorrow. i need to put it back on the lift to tweak the tips a little bit more, i ran out of time today

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Welcome to the SOLO crew; your new system will take a few hundred miles to "carbon up" where it will mellow out just slightly... making it even better.

When are you gonna get the HFC's? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? You decide. Imagine the excitement that you just felt when you took that first step.... only double, after the combo of solo HFC's and their supporting catback. These are the impressions that I've heard many times when I meet up with SOLO owners, which makes me smile.

OMG awesomeness.

:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys! I wasn't able to get pictures today but I will when I have a chance to get on the lift again. It really is pretty under the car though lol

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Is yours the Mach Balanced or Unbalanced? Either way, it's a great sound.

Zep's right, the added throttle response and slight change in sound of adding the HFCs to the Mach system (at least in the case of my Balanced system) is great. If you do go that route, I'd likely recommend the resonators, as it gets pretty loud in the cabin without them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went for the unbalanced one. *Hopefully* in the spring/summer I'll be adding Kooks mids/hfc's. Should put the sound right where I want it to be.

Were you guys wanting pictures of the whole system? I forgot when I had it in the air, but I can throw it up on jack stands tomorrow and give it a shot. Either way I'm hoping to get a video tomorrow after I wash it, she's pretty dirty by my standards and I dont want anyone to see.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick video of my new exhaust. Watch in HD. Also took a couple pictures, will get those up soon.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Solo does it Right

Last weekend I was at G.O.N.E. the national G8 Meet. Solo was the major sponsor to this event and gave away an exhaust system and a bunch of promotional shirts in the raffle give away. I happen to win one of their t-shirts. Not only do they do their exhaust systems right, they also have the sharpest promotional wicking t-shirts I have ever seen. All I can say is thanks Solo for sponsoring the event and for doing the job right even in the little things like t-shirts.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Awesome. I also have one of those SOLO tee shirts, they're awesome for working out too, great material quality. I think G8's on one of the shoulders... :)

--zepcom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts