·
Banned
7,067 Posts

·
Stryker
1,296 Posts
Nice!

Thanks for posting.

I love the way your car sounds and I think I might go your route. How much did it cost for your exhaust setup installed?(components and labor)

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds really good! Do the DB mufflers have the sound canceling technology like their systems, and is there any drone with those mufflers?
Yes it does. but the Black versions only have one small chamber to help cancel drone. when i was purchasing mufflers, drone wasn't really a worry of mine. they do drone in the normal area of 1600-2000 rpm, but for me probably 75% of the time i am "cruising" there is zero drone. but cruise at 1800 rpm and its a little different. having DOD disabled helps a lot.

if worried about drone, go with the Red versions as they have 2 cancellation chambers. one at the front and the rear of the muffler. so the Reds should reduce drone much better than the Blacks.

Nice!

Thanks for posting.

I love the way your car sounds and I think I might go your route. How much did it cost for your exhaust setup installed?(components and labor)
just rounding:

X-Pipe: $100
Mufflers: $340 shipped from jegs.com
muffler install labor: $80

the mufflers have gone up on jegs.com since i bought them. but you can still find them for a decent price elsewhere. they are the 2.5 inch offset in/center out mufflers.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Sounds very nice....

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Boomer, the car sounds killer still. I'm going nuts waiting for the hi-flow cats to come out. Even then I doubt the reds will sound as agressive as your blacks.

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Boomer, the car sounds killer still. I'm going nuts waiting for the hi-flow cats to come out. Even then I doubt the reds will sound as agressive as your blacks.
Thanks!

I'm looking forward to hearing your setup with some high flow cats. are you waiting for the magnaflow high flow cats? i wouldn't mind hearing another clip of your setup as it is now, maybe a take off clip :)

I noticed i never responded to one of your questions a while back when you asked me if the sound of my mufflers changed over time. to be honest, i don't think they have changed since I've installed them. nothing dramatic anyways.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
At this point I'll take the Magnaflow or the random technology both will be bolt on applications when they come out. If they were both out now I would buy Random's as I have used them before and was happy with the quality and hp gain. I'm still up in the air on if I'm going to do the shorties.

I'll see what I can do on a take off video. I'll probably have to set the camera on the ground or get my 6 year old to film it. Then figure out how to get back into my photo bucket account. I forgot my account name and password lol. My Dad was telling me there is a way to find out all your passwords but I'm not sure how. I could always just open up a new one I guess.

Thanks for commenting about the lack of sound change with your mufflers. I would have lost that bet. I would still bet the bank that mine did change like the MF mufflers did though.

Your car gets a nice 1 to 2 scratch when shifting. Did you reduce the torque management or remove it?

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At this point I'll take the Magnaflow or the random technology both will be bolt on applications when they come out. If they were both out now I would buy Random's as I have used them before and was happy with the quality and hp gain. I'm still up in the air on if I'm going to do the shorties.

I'll see what I can do on a take off video. I'll probably have to set the camera on the ground or get my 6 year old to film it. Then figure out how to get back into my photo bucket account. I forgot my account name and password lol. My Dad was telling me there is a way to find out all your passwords but I'm not sure how. I could always just open up a new one I guess.

Thanks for commenting about the lack of sound change with your mufflers. I would have lost that bet. I would still bet the bank that mine did change like the MF mufflers did though.

Your car gets a nice 1 to 2 scratch when shifting. Did you reduce the torque management or remove it?
cool, get er done! you think about the SLP LT headers that bolt right up to the stock/magnaflow catback?

when my car chirped the tires both times in this video upshit T/M was actually enabled at 100%. i keep it enabled most of the time. with the shorter shifts and added line pressure, it will get light chirps like that sometimes. when its disabled, it can chirp really hard!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is that setup NJ emissions legal?

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that setup NJ emissions legal?
Hum, i'm not sure exactly what your state rules are, but my car has the stock cats and all, so it should be. its pretty much like putting new mufflers on a car...

It shouldn't be any different compared to buying a Magnaflow catback.

·
Street Racing Czar
670 Posts
Garanteed that's legal in NJ if its legal here in PA.

I have a pair of the DB blacks also but i'm getting a system fabbed up with straight pipes replacing the cats to an X to the Corsa Blacks to Hooker 3" dual/duals, within the next week i should have the system installed all for under 200$. Thanks boomer for the original clips, and those new fly-by's are just amazing.

·
G8 GT Owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Garanteed that's legal in NJ if its legal here in PA.

I have a pair of the DB blacks also but i'm getting a system fabbed up with straight pipes replacing the cats to an X to the Corsa Blacks to Hooker 3" dual/duals, within the next week i should have the system installed all for under 200$. Thanks boomer for the original clips, and those new fly-by's just are just amazing.
Nice! would love to hear it after its all done!

The price went down a lot on Jegs! $140 each! great deal! i paid $169 each.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Corsa/964933/10002/-1

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
any more info on this exhaust? how has it been? could you possibly do an in car video?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
i tell u what that sounds sick

·
LS is More
545 Posts
Man, that's a bad a$$ sound. Very nice job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts