Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched (I promise) and couldn't really find the answers I was looking for. I'd like to go with 20" and I'll be lowering it with springs (probably Pedders). Keep in mind this is my DD so any practical advice is appreciated.

1) Is there a problem with Breyton GTS' and rubbing on lowered cars because of the wrong off set?
2) I'm thinking of going with 20x8.5 all the way around. Does that sound right and will I need to roll the fenders?
3) I'd also like wider tires in the back, maybe 275. What sizes are recommended without rubbing? (I may veto this one simply for the ability to rotate)
4) If all this is correct, what offsets will I need to give a wider stance (even or close to even with the top of the fenders).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you go 20x8.5 for all you shouldn't have a problem

I have the breyton race cs on 20x10 in the rear and had them milled down from a local shop another 3mm to bring me to a 38 offset. I did roll the fenders and I'm running 285/35-20's in the rear. No rubbing hear at stock height. I'll be putting on my BC Coilovers on over the winter.

·
Registered
208 Posts
you could put 20X8.5 all the way around with a 245/35/20 tire (thats what i did), if you were to go 20x10 in the back you would have to roll your fenders a bit and shave the wheels about 3mm and then you should be able to fit a 275/30/20.. i didnt know you could go any bigger, but if the guy above me is running a 285/35 then i guess you can do that too.

you should have no issued lowering if you have the 20x8.5 all the way around, and i dont think youll have any problems lowered if you roll and shave with the bigger wheels..

·
Knemo-schwine-aie-he-how
735 Posts
I think I've seen people with 20x10's running 275\30 on lowered suspension (I think they only had very mild drops though). Most had to roll or cut, but some got away with neither because they never carry anyone in their back seat. But 20x8.5 on "skinny" rear tires shouldn't cause any rubbing issues in back.

Personally, I'd put the 275's in back to score the extra grip, especially if you plan on doing some mods in the future (even if it's just bolt-ons).

·
Aceves Const 310-350-8040
388 Posts
im running 275 in the back and used to rub till i rolled the hell out of the fenders. if lowering you could take the rim to the machine shop but i dont know exactly where they would cut the alleged 3mm. pretty scary if you ask me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I searched (I promise) and couldn't really find the answers I was looking for. I'd like to go with 20" and I'll be lowering it with springs (probably Pedders). Keep in mind this is my DD so any practical advice is appreciated.

1) Is there a problem with Breyton GTS' and rubbing on lowered cars because of the wrong off set?
2) I'm thinking of going with 20x8.5 all the way around. Does that sound right and will I need to roll the fenders?
3) I'd also like wider tires in the back, maybe 275. What sizes are recommended without rubbing? (I may veto this one simply for the ability to rotate)
4) If all this is correct, what offsets will I need to give a wider stance (even or close to even with the top of the fenders).

Thanks in advance!
I think the most important question is where are you going to find Breyton GTS' now, I don't think tirerack carries them anymore. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have the Breyton GTS', 20x8.5 in the front and 20x10 in the back, running a 275 tire in the rear. Without a drop, my wheels would rub on dips even with just two passengers. I ended up lowering the car with Eibachs, and had the fenders rolled. I have zero issues with rubbing even with 4 passengers. You should be fine if you run 20x8.5's all around, but the staggered set up is much better looking and worth it IMO. Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
501 Posts
another issue no one told me about w/ the breytons is lugnuts...tire rack ships em w/ ugly looking lugs, and finding locks is a pita. need to find a 14mm x 1.5", flat seat, "tuner" style...i haven't found any (found some acorn type, but they aren't right).

·
Aceves Const 310-350-8040
388 Posts
another issue no one told me about w/ the breytons is lugnuts...tire rack ships em w/ ugly looking lugs, and finding locks is a pita. need to find a 14mm x 1.5", flat seat, "tuner" style...i haven't found any (found some acorn type, but they aren't right).
true. i keep coming up with dually lugs or ATV lugs for our rims. i need to get extras just in case. im going to take one off and go to the rim shop to match it.

·
SWIFT G8
1,056 Posts
I just order sopposedly the last set at TireRack. There are no more GTS in Matte Grey atleast in the US. Tire Rack also told me that Breyton is no longer shipping them to the US. And there were no other vendors in the US. I even tried mexico.

I ordered the 20" 8.5" and 10" Staggered. They get here on 11/6. So excited. I have had my eyes on these for a long time.

As for tires I order 245/35ZR20 & 285/30ZR20 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110.

Also had a hard time finding lugs.

·
Registered
501 Posts
could any of you that found decent looking lugs/locks that fit and are the right seat please post what you got/where i could get some?

a pic would be awesome too!

·
Registered
191 Posts
^^^^ ditto! ^^^^

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's my damn luck! I find a wheel I like and there's none in the country...FML! Looks like I'll be going with exhaust, springs or brake upgrade for a first mod.

·
SWIFT G8
1,056 Posts
That's my damn luck! I find a wheel I like and there's none in the country...FML! Looks like I'll be going with exhaust, springs or brake upgrade for a first mod.
Sorry, I got the last set.

·
Registered
501 Posts
true. i keep coming up with dually lugs or ATV lugs for our rims. i need to get extras just in case. im going to take one off and go to the rim shop to match it.
extras as in another set of the ugly as crap ones from Tire Rack? Or extras as in an extra set of the super cool locking lugs you found from somewhere else and want to share the info w/ the rest of your G8 brethren?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn you HunterSwift! You should definitely put that in your sig that you have the last new set of Breytons in the US...bastard! :)

I just emailed TireRack and Breyton, not that it's going to help, but we'll see.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I REALLY want the Breytons but I've been reading more on the whole process you have to go through to get a 35mm off set to fit and I'm starting to scare myself out of it. I've actually started to look for other options for wheels. This is my daily driver so I don't want to have to go through hell (fenders rolled etc.) to get these wheels to fit especially since I want to lower it when I do get wheels. Someone please make me feel better about this!

Also, do I have to tell them anything specific about the TPMS or the Hubcentric rings? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
go to ebay! type in nuts g8 gt and it brings up 3 pages of them all different kinds!!!

·
SWIFT G8
1,056 Posts
can someone take one off and take a picture of the correct lug?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts