Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of at least one person (smwalker) who has done a sound insulation job. I'm planning one myself with the speaker install.

For the moment, I'm planning a door, rear seat/deck, trunk, and roof insulation job using various materials. Yes, it adds weight, but I've removed enough to still be at a net loss of weight compared to stock.

The question I have is this. Is the floor worth doing? Or is the reduction in NVH so small that it wouldn't be worth it?

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I know of at least one person (smwalker) who has done a sound insulation job. I'm planning one myself with the speaker install.

For the moment, I'm planning a door, rear seat/deck, trunk, and roof insulation job using various materials. Yes, it adds weight, but I've removed enough to still be at a net loss of weight compared to stock.

The question I have is this. Is the floor worth doing? Or is the reduction in NVH so small that it wouldn't be worth it?

Please provide as many details and pictures if you could.

My headliner needs to come out (needs to be reupholstered) and I'm work on something with the doors. So while I'm there, I guess I may look into this as well.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to chronicle my whole job, but I just don't know that I want to even touch the floor.... Seems complicated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts