Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G8 should be getting delivered in the next few days, and in the pics it is missing the hood vents. It is fair to assume that they are not in the trunk.

I want stock ones.

Anyone know where I can pick a set up that isn't going to cost me an obscene amount?

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
My G8 should be getting delivered in the next few days, and in the pics it is missing the hood vents. It is fair to assume that they are not in the trunk.

I want stock ones.

Anyone know where I can pick a set up that isn't going to cost me an obscene amount?
List price is $431.54 each. You can get them online for $268.75 each. http://generalmotorspartsonline.com/

Left: 92221708 (#1 in the diagram)
Right: 92221709 (#1 in the diagram)

You'll need two ducts: 92218424 ($39.75 list price; USED FROM VIN 8L123324 for 2009; discontinued)
First design for 2008 is 92205086 (USED ON VINS UP TO 8L123323 26/NOV/2007).

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
****, I'll drive around with no vents before I spend almost $600 on some tiny little vents. LOL

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Try local G8 Facebookers, someone maybe parting out a car....these vents of ours can be a rare commodity.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Or you can drive it around without vents until you're willing to spend $$$ on them. :D

Search G8 GT Hood Scoops or variants on that search string on ebay and see what you come up with. I already found a set from a GXP (paint damage) for $285 OBO. It also has a 30 day return guarantee if you're not satisfied.

You're going to be having them painted, anyways. That is where I'd suggest you go if you're price conscious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or you can drive it around without vents until you're willing to spend $$$ on them. :D

Search G8 GT Hood Scoops or variants on that search string on ebay and see what you come up with. I already found a set from a GXP (paint damage) for $285 OBO. It also has a 30 day return guarantee if you're not satisfied.

You're going to be having them painted, anyways. That is where I'd suggest you go if you're price conscious.

Damn, was searching all over eBay and didn't think to look for scoops. I'll probably grab those, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
car-part.com may be a good resource as well.

Just as long as the yard has a G8 in it, there's a good chance that the hood and scoops will still be available. And just like Jova007200 stated, you'll be painting them anyway.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I'm to understand they're going for 5 to 600 new. You might luck out in the for sale section or something.

Good luck with your search!

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
****, I'll drive around with no vents before I spend almost $600 on some tiny little vents. LOL
Very well. Bear in mind water will enter through the hood openings and, at the very least, soak the hood insulator.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I want stock ones.

Join the classifieds group on facebook, you can find people doing part outs

·
F1rehawk
747 Posts
The price is completely nuts. Your best bet is a local junkyard. You could also post in the WTB section. Good luck man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts