Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Mustang dude
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my wife has managed to break the flip key and lose the regular key... So now I need to buy new stuff. What solutions have you guys found over all these years? Where have you found the good prices on both styles?

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
More or less have always purchased parts on both eBay and Amazon. Believe GTOG8TA as well. Are you able to transfer the old flip key to a new flip key fob?

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
Or is the statement exactly as it reads, the flip key is broken?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Go to GTOG8TA.com I purchased the flip key from them a few months ago. You just have to get the key cut at a GM dealership. You program the remote yourself

·
The Mustang dude
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or is the statement exactly as it reads, the flip key is broken?
Yeah flip case is broken but I have both the metal key and case. I'm not buying another POS gimmick flip. I'm gonna buy fixed keys and use the metal I have as the template.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
Understood. Here's another thought, has the ignition key recall been performed? If not, doing so should replace the broken flip key with a fixed key or perchance both keys :unsure: . If so, disregard. Bear in mind, members have had mixed results. https://www.g8board.com/threads/ignition-key-recall.279881/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts