Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a search on ebay, I saw an ad for a wheel I might consider as a spare for my GXP. I'd like to get feedback G8 board feedback, pro or con, on this rim and/or suggest an inexpensive alternative.

19x8 TSW Spa Silver Wheel/Rim(s) 5x120 5-120 19-8

It says it fits 2009 G8 GXP
Price:US $150.00

Thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you're just looking for a spare, why not go with a factory 19?
It says it fits 2009 G8 GXP
Price:US $150.00
I'm thinking price is the big reason, I've been wanting to get a full size spare for mine as well. Of course would love to have factory or a knock off but the cost is ridiculous! Both GT & GXP list for over $1000

·
Registered
117 Posts
Having a full size spare is a great idea. I got an original GXP wheel from Aus, and the standard jack kit from Pace Performance, and replaced the ridiculous compressor that came standard. It has already saved my a$$ once.

With the aftermarket wheels, just make sure they clear the brakes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you don't wish to get stranded on the side of the road, a spare tire is the sensible way to go.

I just went through this for my GXP, and bought a 19X8.5 wheel from Tire Rack on clearance for $169.00 with a Kumho (yeah, I know, but its a spare) for another $169.00.

Add the jack kit for around $260 from Pace Performance, and I am almost $600 into the spare tire that the car should have come with the dang car in the first place.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm thinking price is the big reason, I've been wanting to get a full size spare for mine as well. Of course would love to have factory or a knock off but the cost is ridiculous! Both GT & GXP list for over $1000
This would work for Blue Max...

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91538

GXP guy could also use it. Just wouldn't fit on the front, but if you had a flat on the front GXP, you could put the 19" GT spare on a rear spot and move the good rear GXP up front where the flat GXP is. A little extra work, but would work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.