Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has beat to death but the search feature is not working. What do y'all recommend for spark plugs and wires and where to purchase?

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Sorry if this has beat to death but the search feature is not working. What do y'all recommend for spark plugs and wires and where to purchase?
See below:

I just purchased the following on Amazon a few moments ago:

• Spark plugs: ACDelco 41-110 (GM P/N 12621258) - Iridium

• Wires: ACDelco 748RR (not to be confused with the inferior 9748RR)
The difference between 748RR and what comes on the G8 is that 748RR are red and have a 90° bend. This is why Amazon states 748RR will not fit the G8 even though many have used them without any fitment issues.

Just a reminder, ACDelco is giving a $3 per spark plug rebate (minimum of 4, maximum of 16) until the end of this year; it started on 01/01/2018. The spark plugs can be found rather cheaply on eBay...

https://www.gmpartsrebates.com/PDFs/66054_rebate_form.pdf

https://www.gmpartsrebates.com/offers

·
Registered
639 Posts
If stock, NGK TR5 plugs. If making 400+ whp, NGK TR6.

Most do just fine with ACDelco wires. I'm running the 10.4mm Taylor wires and like them. Many run the MSD or Accel wires.

·
F1rehawk
709 Posts
Stock AC Delco plugs and AC Delco 748RR red wires. That's the setup I currently use. No complaints. Got everything from RockAuto.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm running with NGK-3186 - NGK G-Power Platinum Spark Plugs and ACCEL Extreme 9000 Ceramic Spark Plug Wire Set with Kooks mid-length headers.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The only thing I hate about AC Delco wires is that they seem to have a penchant for breaking when unplugged. I once had 5 of 8 plugs break on me just to unplug for a compression test.

The replacements got me to work the next day. A month later it was time for more diagnostics to attempt to find the nagging problem (I failed to find it again). The <expletive deleted> things broke again at a 50% rate.

I replaced them with Granatelli Wires (the ones I got were Blue) and have not had one break since. I didn't necessarily buy them for their marketing. I bought them because reviews spoke of quality.

I've had to unplug them several times since and guess what...........

THEY DIDN'T BREAK!!! :D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
The best search function have found to date is using Google for xyz topic on the G8 board. The function was better under the old format, but now is extremely underwhelming.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
The best search function have found to date is using Google for xyz topic on the G8 board. The function was better under the old format, but now is extremely underwhelming.
Yes, such as typing the following in Google:

Code:
spark plugs site:g8board.com

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
spark plugs g8board is also a viable option

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts

·
F1rehawk
709 Posts
Someone recommended ACDelco 41-110 plugs but Amazon shows they do not fit. What number did you buy?
AC Delco 41162 If I recall correctly. Whatever RockAuto offered at the time in the Platinum section.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AC Delco 41162 If I recall correctly. Whatever RockAuto offered at the time in the Platinum section.
For plugs and wires, RA was going to charge $7.99 FedEx for each item. Amazon didn't have the plugs so I ordered the plugs from RA and the wires from Walmart.

Thanks y'all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts