Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Camshaft Master
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which spark plugs are you NA guys running?

I'm not a huge fan of acdelco, i know its a stock plugs, but i perfer NGK.

What part number or heat range are you guys running in your na setups?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Go with either iridums Ngk or what ever brand you prefer or try ngk tr5 copper plugs high performance

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
Several options for the NGK crowd.
NGK tr5IX (iridiums) - stock replacement
NGK tr5gp (platinum) - holds up to heat better than iridiums, does not last as long
NGK tr5 (copper) - holds up best to heat, needs to be changes every 30K miles
NGK tr6IX, GP and regular - same as above, but a colder heat range. These come gapped at .060, so you have to re-gap to .040

TR55 plugs are NOT an intermediate heat range (as the interwebz suggest). Same heat range as TR5, but come gapped at .060

With the cam and exhaust mods, I run Tr6gp plugs.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
NGK currently makes the AC Delco iridium plugs.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
burn

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was advised by a well known member to run tr6 as they assist with resisting detonation. I have cam and some head work.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Either TR6 after you have added mods, Normally after 100+ hp over stock otherwise go with the TR55's.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
TR55??? why?
Whats wrong with them? I see alot of post on LS1 tech that mention using them. Also its what my service advisor suggested to use. I have used them with headers cai and tune with no complaints, even while cammed they weren't bad.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
wrong gap right out of the box. Gapped at .060
The TR5 is THE SAME heat range, gapped correctly out of the box.
You could get them (for the same price as TR5) and regap them...no idea why anyone would want to do that - unless they were out of TR5s.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
wrong gap right out of the box. Gapped at .060
The TR5 is THE SAME heat range, gapped correctly out of the box.
You could get them (for the same price as TR5) and regap them...no idea why anyone would want to do that - unless they were out of TR5s.
I dont know about you or where you get your spark plugs from but I almost always have to re-gap them, But I get what your saying. Other than being gapped at .060 there is nothing different with the TR55s and they do the job well just like the TR5. On another note I ran mine at .050-.055 IIRC.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
AC Delco Iridium OEM Corvette ZR1 Spark Plugs (.040 Gap) here, just changed them out at 83k. AC Delco P/N is 41-104.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Monte is thinking back to his FWD 3800 days. That was the "standard"
plug for the V6's.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
yall are crazy leaving a plug in a head for that long... i've got 19k and i'm going to change them to plain ol' TR6's

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
19K on a standard copper cored plug. You left them in too long. Iridium is a completely different story.

·
Camshaft Master
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AC Delco Iridium OEM Corvette ZR1 Spark Plugs (.040 Gap) here, just changed them out at 83k. AC Delco P/N is 41-104.
How do you like those?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts