Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allrighty.

Been on the fence about buying either of these for awhile but I went out to start the car up in the garage for the winter and saw moisture in both my headlights and in my taillights .

I've heard good and bad about the headlights.

Is there any fitment issues?
Additional wiring I need to know?
Was either debating on the Spec- D or trying to find a set of stock ones smoked. Or if the Spec D are worth it finding a set smoked.

Any bads about the taillights?
Smoked not smoked?

Need some opinions

Cars black on black with blank tint. Don't have a picture at the moment :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
Condensation will happen since the headlights and tail light lenses are not sealed. Buying the after market lights will not be any different.
Best thing you can do is make sure the gaskets on the rear lights are seated OK so they don't let water in. On the front the dust caps are seated and snug.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I bought these spyder smoked taillights about 2-3 years ago. installation was pretty easy and instructions were spot on. Mine is PBM also and I don't have a pic but they look great. Something to think about and I had this problem. A few months ago, the drivers side BRAKE light went out. Took out the unit and did a complete wiring test on it since the bulb wasn't the problem. It was actually part of the INSIDE of the lamp and could NOT be repaired...............so I ordered a NEW set (can't buy just one side). One other thing and this is very important.....................when your units arrive (and they are very well packed), take them out and carefully look them over. Unfortunately, I didn't look them over as well as I should have. One part of the passenger side unit was broken off (this is the part that comes to a sharp point on the fender area). Doesn't affect the function but if you look closely, you can see where that small area is broken. They would NOT accept a return.............so am stuck with it. Other than that, I am very happy with the ease of install (10 minutes) and the look.

·
Vendor
417 Posts
Hi there, we've been selling lights by both Spyder and Spec-D for years already. They are custom fit, yet aftermarket lights may take different bulb size, compared to the OE lights. So if you plan using the OE bulbs with the new lights, it's better to check what will be the bulb size in the set of lights you've got. Now, if you decide to pick smoked lights, check, if it is legal to drive with tinted lenses in your state. Both Spyder and Specd lights are backed up with 1 year warranty.
Here are the headlight options we carry for your Pontiac:
Pontiac G8 Headlights

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can't speak for the taillights. I have the spec-d headlights with an hid retrofit. I don't drive the car a lot, but I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have these tail lights and my brake lights have stopped working. Is there no one that has opened these and replaced the LED's in side of them,. If so let me know, it's causing me to fail safety inspection

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to rez a dead thread.

Does anyone have any pictures of there g8 [ black preffeably]

With these tail lights?
I'm not sure if I wanna go with the standard or go with the smoked ones since my car has a black and silver theme going on.

·
Lift Him Up
279 Posts
retrofitted my Spec-d lights and etched the lenses...when I resealed them, I used the product the Morimoto sales and haven't had a issue with condensation yet, the rears haven't given me an issue either

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
retrofitted my Spec-d lights and etched the lenses...when I resealed them, I used the product the Morimoto sales and haven't had a issue with condensation yet, the rears haven't given me an issue either

Are those the smoked or normal rear ones?
Overall do you like the Spec D over the stock headlights? Not to Ricery?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts