Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting to really like the look of Spectre and Rotofabs aluminum/stainless intakes. Ive already ordered their 4in maf house to go with my AFE intake but how do they stack up against plastic intakes? Some people say they get hot faster and store heat while others say they dont. As much as I like the look; I like power more. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
If your concern is heatsoak, get rid of the tubing and go VCM OTR (or Vararam). The only tube you have is the MAF housing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is Vararam otr the best intake for this car? I just like the chrome/polish look but Im dont want to sacrifice power for looks and Id assume I will get alot more heat soak than out of my current cai.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
"best" is debatable / personal preference, ect. I had the roto-fab, liked it but when I got a chance on a deal on the VCM OTR (with side panels) I have not looked back. Short airpath, true factory appearance and built top-notch.

I'm not a 1320 guy, but look around this board and the other, I suspect the VCM is well respected with only positive comments. OTR, IMO, makes better sense.

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
I also just got rid of my Rotofab. If you're going for power then you want to go with a otr style intake. If you're going for looks.........I guess you could do a rotofab with a radiator cover........or a vararam with a g8 v6 radiator cover(some cutting required), or the VCM with the side panels and infill panel. I currently have the vcm with the side panels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What is the best brand of hsrk? How does that work with an ls3/ls7 adapter harness? If im not mistaken i'd hve to drill a hole in my metal heat shield?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
What is the best brand of hsrk? How does that work with an ls3/ls7 adapter harness? If im not mistaken i'd hve to drill a hole in my metal heat shield?
If you ever go over to the "other" board there's a guy that sells them there. I'm using that one and it works just fine. Vector also sells them, but they're more expensive from what I remember.

I'm not sure what you mean by an LS3/LS7 adapter harness. You will have to drill a small hole to insert the new sensor into wherever you place it. I have it installed in my rotofab intake where the filter meets the intake tube.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you ever go over to the "other" board there's a guy that sells them there. I'm using that one and it works just fine. Vector also sells them, but they're more expensive from what I remember.

I'm not sure what you mean by an LS3/LS7 adapter harness. You will have to drill a small hole to insert the new sensor into wherever you place it. I have it installed in my rotofab intake where the filter meets the intake tube.
When I said ls3/ls7 adapter I meant to be used with a new maf house and maf card.

I'll look over there and check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts