Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got around $2500 I'm about to dump in the G8. Pretty good idea of how I'm going to use it, but would like to hear the collective's input as well.

Here's what I have-
2009 G8 GT
Rotofab Intake, rad cover
Superchips
75 shot wet kit.
12.60 @ 111mph

I'm a go fast kinda guy, keep that in mind.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Kooks 1 7/8 Longtubes, Solo catted midpipe, and Solo Mach shorty. I just spent $2100 and use the other $400 towards a VMS or Livernois tune.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Widen the rear wheels 1 1/2" and put some 275's on. Going to look great and you will have some change.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh, I want 11's before I mess with any cosmetics. Zodiac is pretty close to what I am looking at.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Screw the Solo, call up Brandon at Maryland Speed for 1 7/8 long tubes with 3" catted x-pipe, you'll be out a good bit less money then what Solo charges and it will work better.

You'll still have more then $1,000 left over after that so get a stall, higher the better. FTI 3600 will really get you going. Should have you running low-mid 12's on motor if you get a real dyno tune and sell your Superchips.

Then that 75 shot should have you in the 11's with a proper set of tires.

There $2,500 spent... and you reach your go fast goals.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K, here comes the flaming.

What I am thinking is:

Obx long tubes - 850$
Used MT ET's w wheels - 450$
Fti 3600 - 800$
Total of around 2k, get it dyno tuned, if I have any leftover get some drop springs.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts

What I am thinking is:

Obx long tubes - 850$
Fti 3600 - 800$
Total of around 2k, get it dyno tuned, if I have any leftover get some drop springs.
Yeah OBX's are an option to save a bit. Cant go wrong with the MT ET's and FTI. You should be able to sell your Superchips for about what a dyno tune costs so that should be a wash.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Long tube headers are a great way to start. I have dynatechs and love them.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
LT's without a doubt and a new tune

·
Registered
427 Posts

What I am thinking is:

Obx long tubes - 850$
Fti 3600 - 800$
This ^
Not to hijack but what 75 kit are you running?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DOD delete. Period. Dot.
yikes, not sure about that. Pulling heads off, spending a large chunk of cash for marginal gains and a decent drop in gas mileage.

That mod has it's place, but I'm not there yet. Let me at least get some longtubes on there.
Not to hijack but what 75 kit are you running?
It's a pieced together kit. Not in a bad way, but I'm cheap and buy and resell nitrous kits, usually keep the best parts. Currently it's a dynotune bottle with HSW Solenoids and NX Nozzle. Dynotune digital Window / WOT switch as well. More goodies on there way for the kit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yikes, not sure about that. Pulling heads off, spending a large chunk of cash for marginal gains and a decent drop in gas mileage.

That mod has it's place, but I'm not there yet. Let me at least get some longtubes on there.
It's a pieced together kit. Not in a bad way, but I'm cheap and buy and resell nitrous kits, usually keep the best parts. Currently it's a dynotune bottle with HSW Solenoids and NX Nozzle. Dynotune digital Window / WOT switch as well. More goodies on there way for the kit.
Hey, you said you were all about power > looks. If I had to redo it all, I would have done DOD-delete before my LT's. Would suck to get some good mods going and have a DOD lifter fail and force you to have to spend money anyways. (I guess it depends on what mods you had up to that point whether warranty would come through for you).

Eh, was just a thought. GL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, good point. I guess I'm just going to cross my fingers that the dod stuff holds for another year or so, by that time I'm sure I'll be ready for a cam.

·
Registered
922 Posts
2500 can get you a full exhaust from headers back. id dpend my money there than you can do the little things like udp ported tb intake if your not doing a dod swap

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
16 Participants
mtocrs1
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing