Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to play with another GXP today, a 6 speed manual this time. The car gets better every iteration I see the spoiler is VERY subtle but it suits the car. I also tried out the elusive bluetooth, VERY nice and should be a welcome addition :)

I have relatively firm pricing and estimated fuel economy I'm just working on getting the OK to post it.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Tease.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry here is a picture to tide you over, this is production intent IE all the badges in the right spots ect.

Attachments

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK heres the current "lay of the land" so to speak...

Pricing:
JUST under $40,000 INCLUDING the gas guzzler tax
Non EPA certified mileage estimates are 16/22 for the Manual 15/20 for the automatic.

Cars are tenatively due in January and the FULL reveal IE pricing and final options ect will be at the LA Auto Show.

The car is stunning, I'll be ordering one most likely for the '10 model year.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I can't wait to do some cannibalism when I see one. Hee hee!

Hope it is stock....

·
I can haz Horsepower?
1,197 Posts

Pricing:
Non EPA certified mileage estimates are 16/22 for the Manual 15/20 for the automatic.

Cars are tenatively due in January and the FULL reveal IE pricing and final options ect will be at the LA Auto Show.

The car is stunning, I'll be ordering one most likely for the '10 model year.
LOL to all the guys who insisted that35K was the most that Pontiac could price it at.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Pricing:
....sigh. Oh well, it was a good dream while it lasted. G8 GT here I come!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am to. so what gives with waiting for the 2010?

Thanks so much for what you have found out. Local dealers cannot tell me anything except "give me your money and I will see what I can do". At least I have an approximate date to look forward to. Thanks again.

anyway, 2010?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am to. so what gives with waiting for the 2010?

Thanks so much for what you have found out. Local dealers cannot tell me anything except "give me your money and I will see what I can do". At least I have an approximate date to look forward to. Thanks again.

anyway, 2010?

Mainly because everytime I get a first year model I get mad when the next years model comes out and has all the stuff I wish mine did.

Case in point, my 04 5.7 GTO the 05-06 had a 6.0L so I ended up with an 04 and an 06. My CTS as well my 08 is missing bluetooth which I really wanted, 09 has it ;)

·
Official Glass Tech
641 Posts
the gxp will indeed be part of the 2009 layout if it's coming in January... i would expect it to be released earlier though... we will shoot for the invoice price of $38,600...

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
I said a $5k premium over fully loaded GT all along. (check my posts) Current GT at over $34 +5 is under 40. I can't handle the extra gas, or the extra cost so GT is more than sufficient. But to those spending +$7k to supercharge a GT and toss away the warranty, well +5 looks better from where I sit (unless that s/c can return better mpg than GT with a tune)

·
Future GXP Owner
201 Posts

Pricing:
Well based on those numbers the manual gets a $2100 GGT. Ouch!
And auto is right on the border of the $2600 GGT but at 17.25 if it can squeek out 17.5 or more it will get a $2100 also. Im sure pontiac will make this happen, so close they would be stupid to not avoid that extra $500 in tax.

As quoted those are "Non EPA certified mileage estimates" so we will see. hopefull both fall into the next bracket cheaper.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Cool thanks for the info!

MPG was right where I thought it would be.

Price about right there too. Its a few thousand more than $34K plus GG. Still a hefty chunk of change....now do you have the GMS price? Its probably still gonna be $35k or so, no GMS on GGT.

·
I can haz Horsepower?
1,197 Posts
I said a $5k premium over fully loaded GT all along. (check my posts) Current GT at over $34 +5 is under 40. I can't handle the extra gas, or the extra cost so GT is more than sufficient. But to those spending +$7k to supercharge a GT and toss away the warranty, well +5 looks better from where I sit (unless that s/c can return better mpg than GT with a tune)
They are getting 120rearwheel hp for that $7K. Ther GXP has 45 or so flywheel hp more.

Big difference.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool thanks for the info!

MPG was right where I thought it would be.

Price about right there too. Its a few thousand more than $34K plus GG. Still a hefty chunk of change....now do you have the GMS price? Its probably still gonna be $35k or so, no GMS on GGT.
Sadly no one really knows 100% yet on GMS, I'm assuming we'll know around November/December and obviously by January LOL

yup, stock GXP is going to be just another chicken nugget.
The good news is, the Roto-Fab and Kooks Headers I know will fit so at least there is a good jump there already!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts