Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
10,730 Posts
I am getting sea sick just looking at it...:rofl:. I kid. I kid. Everyone has different taste, if it suits yours then keep it and rock on. If not, then change it until the engine bay is to your liking.

· HeapBlaster
479 Posts
Was this taken at Nopi 2001?

get rid of all of it... seriously... thats terrible...

· Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Not trying to be a douche but I am going to have to agree with Roadcone. I dont think that is the way to spruce up the engine bay. I would recommend things like relocating the coil packs and the heater hoses. In an engine bay I would rather wires and hoses be hidden as much as possible rather than brought to ones attention with bright colored wraps. BUT these are just my opinions and most opinions differ from person to person.

Edit: Removing the beauty cover on the intake also helps. Then maybe customize your engine cover although some like to keep it off all together.

· Mack
1,102 Posts
I agree with Silver Bullet. Looks terrible. But who am I?? I know the Vararam is one of the best intakes out there but I hate how it just leaves everything around it open and bare. Regardless, rock on bro!!

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not trying to be a douche but I am going to have to agree with Roadcone. I dont think that is the way to spruce up the engine bay. I would recommend things like relocating the coil packs and the heater hoses. In an engine bay I would rather wires and hoses be hidden as much as possible rather than brought to ones attention with bright colored wraps. BUT these are just my opinions and most opinions differ from person to person.

Edit: Removing the beauty cover on the intake also helps. Then maybe customize your engine cover although some like to keep it off all together.
I plan on getting the heater hose kit. New fuel rails. New injectors. New plugs and wires. But that isn't going to happen right now lol. Also I had my engine and fusebox cover painted beforem I didn't really like it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with Silver Bullet. Looks terrible. But who am I?? I know the Vararam is one of the best intakes out there but I hate how it just leaves everything around it open and bare. Regardless, rock on bro!!
I'm not quite sure if I like the vararam though! I don't like how it fits very much

· Registered
446 Posts
It is a little to bright and busy. I think if you did an entire scheme like that it would flow pretty well and look good.

With everything else in normal color it just sticks out a little much.

I do think you should keep it and make some changes around it or get a darker color. Maybe remove a few pieces here and there.

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is a little to bright and busy. I think if you did an entire scheme like that it would flow pretty well and look good.

With everything else in normal color it just sticks out a little much.

I do think you should keep it and make some changes around it or get a darker color. Maybe remove a few pieces here and there.

That was the darkest blue. I could look somewhere else though.

· Mack
1,102 Posts

· Mack
1,102 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.