Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this morn i cleaned my throttle body with the throttle body cleaner. Now a few hours later when im in drive foot off petal my idle raises to 1 grand. I put it on park a few seconds later does the same thing. Any thoughts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it seems to stay at or after im driving take my foot off the petal and it stays there. After i brake it goes down. I got back home get a CEL. Will update on what happens

·
Premium Member
4,510 Posts
If you didn't damage the TB (like trying to move the blade open manually), it says that eventually it would recalculate itself. They show a faster way for GTs and GXPs of starting the engine and let it idle for 3 min. Shut it off for 60 sec. Restart and idle for 3 min. At the end of *that* second 3 min of idle time, the TB should have learned and set its proper idle speed correctly. Best to reset any fault codes *first*.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dis reset the comp and let it idle. Code went away. Drove it and still spiked when i was driving it. In park it did not spike. In another tread they said to turn on the ignition engine off hold petal down for 5 secs turn off ignition and idle for 5 mins. We will see but no codes yet im 4 out of 5 mins into the idle piece. Im headed back out now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I dis reset the comp and let it idle. Code went away. Drove it and still spiked when i was driving it. In park it did not spike. In another tread they said to turn on the ignition engine off hold petal down for 5 secs turn off ignition and idle for 5 mins. We will see but no codes yet im 4 out of 5 mins into the idle piece. Im headed back out now.

Did you try what I posted in the other thread?

Edit: never mind I just saw you tried it :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey widow.. I actually just went through the same thing when I did my cam swap. if your tb doesn't relearn itself, you can take it into the GM dealer and they can hook it up to there computer and relearn your tb. Takes about 15 minutes, cost me like 70 bucks though :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts