Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine broke off back in november as well, just like the pictures above, i used a special 2 part plastic adhesive/epoxy i bought at home depot to glue it back on to the frame. i also used to trim adhesive on the frame bracket to help keep the frame from moving as some of the factory tape had let loose. gone through multiple car washes and seems to be holding well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Resurrecting this thread - any feedback on bodykit kingdom rear trunk spoilers? Am heavily considering...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Few words of advice...

Never ever, grab the spoiler to close the trunk. Use the bottom part of the trunk lid, the area where the lic plate screws on.
Tell that to the normies. After months of looking around vendors in AU and finally getting E3 GTS spoiler, it makes me wanna kick something(someone) every-time I see someone try to open the trunk by grabbing it from the bottom.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I open it by grabing the lic lights area, require a little effort, not much. Closing, as I stated before. After 10 years and 140,000ish miles, the spoiler still in place since the day was installed in Elizabeth SA.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I open it by grabing the lic lights area, require a little effort, not much. Closing, as I stated before. After 10 years and 140,000ish miles, the spoiler still in place since the day was installed in Elizabeth SA.
Thats the right way to do it. Yet most ppl think its easier to grab the middle of the spoiler. Atleast when I had that lip spoiler it was too awkward to grab and therefore no one tried.

And therefore 10 years later when it was time to replace the lip spoiler, it took me 2 hrs a ton of cursing and bloody knuckles to pry it from the car. (Somehow I didn't break or bend anything.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I never ended up ordering a new spoiler. Plugged the holes and the clean look has grown on me. Going to have them filled and the decklid repainted eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
I ended up at bodykitskingdom and got the carbon fiber style B for about the same money as a used one over here. I had to do a little hole elongation on the trunk lid but took my time and ended up with a good fit. Quite pleased so far, and just two bolts that attach it seem very secure, but will see what happens when it gets to be winter in Indiana.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I ended up at bodykitskingdom and got the carbon fiber style B for about the same money as a used one over here. I had to do a little hole elongation on the trunk lid but took my time and ended up with a good fit. Quite pleased so far, and just two bolts that attach it seem very secure, but will see what happens when it gets to be winter in Indiana.
Any pictures of the underside of the spoiler? And how does the design compare to the OEM spoiler?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here is the bottom side, the pic is from them. Two bolts at the outer edge of the trunk lid in the stock location. The were pretty secure and I did not use any sticky tape to affix. I'll check periodically and make sure they are snug. I cut the heads off of a couple of bolts, wrapped them in masking tape, inserted in the spoiler to ensure alignment with the existing holes in the trunk lid, and that worked pretty well.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Member
126 Posts
I feel your pain...

The other day, my entire rear panel blew off !
See pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh boy...
Makes my spoiler seem like a minor issue by comparison!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
18 Participants
JAM
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing