Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in St. Catherine's over Easter and could believe how many G8's I saw! Maybe I'm spoiled (or hard done by, depends on my mood) in Ottawa by very rarely seeing other G8's on the road. Anyways, I like seeing the car being driven by others and in other colors. It looks so good!!!!

Anyways, on the way in on Thursday night I saw two on the 401 East, one just before Trenton, the other just after Coburg, both were silver. This would have been around 4pm.

There were two V6's living on the west side of Lock 2, one silver and one red, but as far as I could tell they were both driven by seniors so I'll assume that they're not on the board (no offense Panzer Leader).

The nicest one I saw was a black G8 getting onto the 420 west at Dorchester at 12:30 on the 29th. I was slooooooowwwwwwwwwly cruising. I was driving the wife's Corolla with the family and got on the highway ahead of it so tried to slow down to have my wife take a picture. I kept braking and braking but the G8 wouldn't catch up! Finally the car got up to my rear door and just before my wife took the shot it was back on the brakes and took the first exit. It looked like it had HID's, tinted windows, and a nice stance...I was thinking Karlhungus but couldn't be sure.

Finally, on our way back home on the 31st around 1pm there way a black G8 heading east on the QEW. Looked stock but I only saw it quickly.

So much love out that way!!! Nice to see so many of them but it will be much more impressive when we are all in one place!

As an aside, I had to take a picture of this on the way up ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Cool sightings! I see quite a number around the London area, although the vast majority of those are V6s. Canada really did get a disproportionately high number of V6s (in keeping with our thrifty nature :) ).

Nice Aston... I'd still rather have a G8, mind you :judge:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have PBM GXP M6 in St. Catharines, there are alot of G8's in St. Kitts

2x PBM GXP's
1x SB GXP
2x PBM G8's GT's

Many Many V6's

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Man, we really did get the lion's share of V6s!

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That does seem to be an unusually high concentration of GXP's in one area...was there a sale across the border?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree.. when I purchased mine.. i thought I was the first.. upon being pulled over by a few enthusiasts.. I was informed there were in fact two others.

Might have something to do with the LS3 motors being built in St. Catharines..

I am a huge Australian Holden fan after living many years in Oz.. wanted a M6 in this body style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts