Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 869 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
RR

I have a LR one in SE round rock. Mine has BBS rims. I have seen another LR one south of 45 on Kelly lane as well. Us RR people must like these cars!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Saw a black G8 on 685 @ Rowe Ln. Way too many in the area...thought I was spechul... guess I will have to go put a blower on it to be a little different :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I spotted a PBM with blacked out molding and grille at Short Stop, on the corner of Manchaca and Brodie. Also was debadged including the pontiac symbol. I see this one all the time.

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
i think the guy i bought it from had
it on a duramax truck. do i need
to update it on the web to get the
correct program for the g8 ? im
checking around the superchips web
page for more info as well...

·
Registered
242 Posts
just bought a cortex on ebay
for $237 shipped. cant wait
to get that bad boy...
Could have gotten a complete custom tune from my guy in Buda for barely 20 bucks more than that.....

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
well, i dont have any extras right now, such
as cai, or headers, so i figured this would
give me a little tranny tuning ability, and be
able to turn dod off, until i get a few more
things. we need to get 2gether sometime, i
wanna check out your ride, and ask a few
questions...

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's the beauty of the tuning that my buddy does. You pay him once and can come back as often as you want to make changes as your car progresses. He uses HP Tuners so TCM tune and turning DOD off is a snap. Just something to think about for the future.

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
got the cortex in today. updated it
on the web and flashed the g8 with
the 87 tune & shifts on 25%. runs
pretty dang good! nice, albiet small,
seat of the pants improvement. plan
on testing it out a little more over the
wknd. overall, happy with a $237
purchase..

·
Registered
419 Posts
I spotted a PBM with blacked out molding and grille at Short Stop, on the corner of Manchaca and Brodie. Also was debugged including the pontiac symbol. I see this one all the time.
That would be me! :) But I think you mean the Short Stop at Manchaca and William Cannon since Manchaca and Brodie don't intersect. I live out past Slaughter on Frate Barker Lane. Do you guys wave at other G8 owners when you see them? Something I do, but I came from the Vette crowd and it was something that was always talked about. Seems like I always catch people off guard when they see the wave.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That would be me! :) But I think you mean the Short Stop at Manchaca and William Cannon since Manchaca and Brodie don't intersect. I live out past Slaughter on Frate Barker Lane. Do you guys wave at other G8 owners when you see them? Something I do, but I came from the Vette crowd and it was something that was always talked about. Seems like I always catch people off guard when they see the wave.
Ah you're correct! I didn't know if the owner of that G8 was on here or not, but you are. Yeah I see your car all the time, once at Valero on Slaughter and Brodie. I don't have a G8 yet, :( but I'll give a wave if we cross paths. Oh, and thank you for keeping your G8 clean! Lol.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ah you're correct! I didn't know if the owner of that G8 was on here or not, but you are. Yeah I see your car all the time, once at Valero on Slaughter and Brodie. I don't have a G8 yet, :( but I'll give a wave if we cross paths. Oh, and thank you for keeping your G8 clean! Lol.
Thanks for noticing...I try. It's the least I can do since I can't afford any other mods for now. What do you drive now? I pride myself on noticing people's cars and if you see me all the time, what am I looking for? I'll keep an eye out... :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks for noticing...I try. It's the least I can do since I can't afford any other mods for now. What do you drive now? I pride myself on noticing people's cars and if you see me all the time, what am I looking for? I'll keep an eye out... :D
Well my car, is still my first car. Which is a silver 96 Mercury Grand Marquis. Lol. But I promise you it is one of the cleanest ones you will ever see. The only exterior mod that you might notice, at night is 5k HIDs. I'll notice you before you notice me most likely.

Speaking of, on the way home from work today, I spotted a PSM G8 GT, turning left at the end of Slaughter, onto 1826. Dark tint, premium 19's.
Anyone on here?

21 - 40 of 869 Posts