Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, moving vehicles around, I thought I saw my LED tails on the G8 flickering out of the corner of my eye as I was moving my other vehicle. So I stopped and purposely watched. Sure as chit, the passenger side Spyder LED taillight is flickering.

Has anyone come across this? I'm not seeing it in any search. I just got these from Maverick Man in early spring. Wondering if there is something I can do to test it? Or do I just contact him and get another set since I've only had these a couple of months?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Figuring you have the newer ones, I don't know. But I'd try jiggling/reseating connectors, then go for warranty. Let Maverick know, in case warranty is about to run out.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping it's something simple like the connection. It is the newer ones that use the bulb/socket gizmo and not the hard wired setup that I think the originals were.

I was just wondering if this has been something that has happened to others.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The original version had the bulb socket gizmo too. I found they are easy to reverse during install and it results in goofy taillight vs brake light behavior.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I read of people having to wire them in way back yonder.

It's been fine for months, at least up until last night when I noticed it.

I may grab my OEM one, hook it up and see if I get the same flickering in the bulb. That'll at least hopefully isolate it as to whether it's a wiring issue or a light issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts