Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My freind has a 06 srt8 charger with longtubes and flowmasters, cold air intake, he says he has a different cam in it well dealership stated he does, cuz he woops other srt8 chargers with longtubes and intakes, i lost about a car, hopefully when i get my headers and retune ill be able to take him

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just curious what it would take for a G8 GT to beat a stock SRT8 charger? I've had a few pace me on the highway but I figured I'd need more than just a intake to outrun one so didn't even try to go for it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just curious what it would take for a G8 GT to beat a stock SRT8 charger? I've had a few pace me on the highway but I figured I'd need more than just a intake to outrun one so didn't even try to go for it.
They really aren't that far apart in acceleration tests. Around 13.2-13.3 @108 for the SRT and around 13.5-13.6 at 104 for the g8. If you read the mags. If you ask the owners then they tend to be much faster

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Arrival
183 Posts
The old 6.1 srt8's:
Intake, tune.... Maybe exhaust work. You will destroy them.

The new 392's:
A hope and a prayer that he blows a tire or his engine while you are racing and you claim the W.
Definitely heavy engine work or FI.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
The old 6.1 srt8's:

The new 392's:
A hope and a prayer that he blows a tire or his engine while you are racing and you claim the W.
^ he's dead on!

Bolt on's for the older 6.1's and cam swap to pwn the 392. They trap like 115-117 stock

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly my boys charger that i raced, he raced the new 300srt8 it was dead on with every race.. dig or roll. Now a challenger 6 spd would destroy those 5 spd autos and how heavy they are sucksbbig time

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
With my 87/Roto SC tune, I'm running dead even with them. I do have an intake also.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
With my 87/Roto SC tune, I'm running dead even with them. I do have an intake also.
I feel same way, same mods and she feels so strong.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
I love reading these type of threads when I actually own both and they have both been stock and now not. Everyone has their own opinion I guess....

·
I drive a two-ton brick
109 Posts
Makes we wonder if he does have a cam in it. Cause if he does, then he would need a custom tune done and with those mods, it doesn't seem to living up to its potential. Not knocking your ride at all OP, but with a cam, LT's, CAI and a proper tune, you should get beat by more than a car length. Props to your ride though....sounds like its running really well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love reading these type of threads when I actually own both and they have both been stock and now not. Everyone has their own opinion I guess....
Well whats ur opinion.. no ones saying the srt8s are slow are fast for what they are.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea his car doesnt have a cam just long tubes and cold air intake, just got my headers installed and got retuned i get him from a roll and dig up too 130-140 nd keep a car nd half on him

·
I drive a two-ton brick
109 Posts
Yea his car doesnt have a cam just long tubes and cold air intake, just got my headers installed and got retuned i get him from a roll and dig up too 130-140 nd keep a car nd half on him
That makes more sense. Sounds like he's in a desperate need for a tune. That should make for a good run.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea too bad the best tune they only have is a diablo predator tune at best, sucks dodge tuning is so limited,

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
they usually run 12.9 to 13.0 stock at 110... the challenger is around 12.6-12.8 at 112
Not really. Chargers are deep into the 12s. I guess "usually" is the key word.

They really aren't that far apart in acceleration tests. Around 13.2-13.3 @108 for the SRT and around 13.5-13.6 at 104 for the g8. If you read the mags. If you ask the owners then they tend to be much faster
Funny, STRYKER_BLUE_09* GT 13.404 @ 104.27 is the stock record for a GT that I can find. That is an average time for a 6.1 with a 2.0x 60ft on an average night.

·
I drive a two-ton brick
109 Posts
Yea too bad the best tune they only have is a diablo predator tune at best, sucks dodge tuning is so limited,
Only the 2011 and up have limited tuning with the Diablo Predator. Anything pre 2011....the skies the limit with the tuning. The only exception is the TCM. However there is some people tuning these, but very pricey right now.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
13.2 vs. a 13.8 car not that far apart. Wake up bud, your dreaming.
The old 6.1 srt8's:

The new 392's:
Not sure what your definition is of destroying someone, but a tune/exhaust G8 isn't going to destroy an SRT8

Honestly my boys charger that i raced, he raced the new 300srt8 it was dead on with every race.. dig or roll. Now a challenger 6 spd would destroy those 5 spd autos and how heavy they are sucksbbig time
Fail. Need I say more.

Tuning is not limited.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.