Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking over a brake upgrade with stock calipers.
Have had great results with using SS brake lines on older vehicles.

Any new info or experiences appreciated with G8GT's

Thx

·
F1rehawk
619 Posts
A lot of guys here replaced the stock ones with the Russell SS Brake lines and the reviews have been great. Firmer and more responsive braking all around. It's on my to-do list.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A lot of guys here replaced the stock ones with the Russell SS Brake lines and the reviews have been great. Firmer and more responsive braking all around. It's on my to-do list.
Don't they require frequent inspections since they are more prone to leaks? I was thinking about this upgrade but ended up getting just the front brembos and kept the stock hoses since my car is a daily. Probably will upgrade the rears as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't they require frequent inspections since they are more prone to leaks? I was thinking about this upgrade but ended up getting just the front brembos and kept the stock hoses since my car is a daily. Probably will upgrade the rears as well.
Have not heard any issues with leaking :unsure:
It is hard to duplicate every hose for all applications, sometimes fitment is a challenge especially mounting brackets.....
I will reach out to Russell and find out what they have to offer for G8 applications.....

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Have ‘em in my first GXP. Love ‘em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
GXPaycheck
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing