Registered
198 Posts
I believe the flanges are different.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I believe the flanges are different.
This is correct.

I think the basic shape is close to being right though. At least thats how it looks. You could probably have flanges welded on to the stock SS muffler pipe or have the muffler welded solid to the G8 mid pipe.

First two pics are G8 mufflers. Third pic is SS mufflers.

Attachments

·
Grease Monkey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is correct.

I think the basic shape is close to being right though. At least thats how it looks. You could probably have flanges welded on to the stock SS muffler pipe or have the muffler welded solid to the G8 mid pipe.

First two pics are G8 mufflers. Third pic is SS mufflers.
Dang, ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a G8 Corsa Catback on my SS, as well as several others, and it mounts up fine. So I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way around even with oem mufflers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
The entire system is the same basic shape. The G8 Corsa system doesnt fit absolutely perfect from Ive heard others say.

However the meeting of midpipe and muffler on the OEM system could be different with regard to pipe lengths between G8 and SS. From the looks of things, it could very well be as simple as cutting an inch or two off the SS muffler's inlet pipe and welding a flange on. Super simple. Everything else looks the same. Even the hangers.

I have access to 3/8 stainless steel and mild steel plate along with a cnc plasma cutter. Maybe Ill make some flanges if i can get some measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts