1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
I was really hoping for it to start at 39,999 but its not like Ill be buying one new anyway. Maybe a used one about 5 years down the road. But the price may not drop on these considering how few of them there will be since they announced that it will be made to order.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
2 Piece rotors! I see some cheap take-off upgrades in our future. Yeah, prices these days are crazy high.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Price doesn't seem that bad. If the GXP was 40k and this has nav, HUD, staggered wheels, hids, and a lot of other goodies as well as new car prices going up this seems to be priced fairly.

Sadly a lot of people are still upset because it is out of our price range and some feel it isn't worth the upgrade. Then again I feel like if they offered one around 35k with the L76 people would throw a fit about them not upgrading it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Can't we get a Genesis R Spec with more power and an 8 speed for the same price?

·
Motoring Enthusiast
129 Posts
Wow, the dollar has depreciated that much huh! :barf:

I'm sorry to say, I am expecting this to be a flop because of pricing for GM. Apparently they're already selling these cheaper in the states.

But let's see what it's got for competitors:

Domestic:

Dodge Charger R/T: $29,995
Chrysler 300 SRT Core: $38,995
Ford Taurus SHO - $39,900
Caddilac CTS: maybe the 2014 with the TT-V6 but it will likely start at $50K+

Foreign:

BMW 550i: $62,700
Audi S6: $71,900
Mercedes E550: $61,400
Infiniti M56: $61,200
Lexus LS460: $71,990

I selected these competitors based on a having comparable power and size. I excluded FWD and only included the SHO because it's price seemed relevant.

The SS seems to fall somewhere between its foreign and domestic competitors. It will have to offer a lot more content/refinement to out-do the Charger on value though. And the problem here that I see, it's not offering a lot of style/character. How is the buying public suppose to know that this is more than just an over priced Impala?

Unless this car is designed for people who want boring performance and can't wait to go get a loan at 72 months, I don't understand who this is for.

Did I mention I feel the styling is bland. Zzzzzz.

·
218 Posts
will GM just get off the ****ter and bring us the HSV version already?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
:(

I feel there is just too much this car doesn't have in the aesthetics department as well as the motor department. I understand "don't fix what isn't broke" but why not at least try to up the power a bit?

Pull a Z28, give me an LS7, and maybe. Just maybe ill buy that. Until then... its G8 or V2.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
if i could afford a 50k car Id have a vette or V, nuff said....Love my G8
Couldn't agree more about having a V.
True but then you comparing apples to oranges... your not getting a new CTS-V for $50k as they start at $65k+. You can get into a used M5 for less then $40k but thats not a fair comparo either.

When shopping for another car I looked at the 1LE Camaro, CTS-V, C6 vette, M5, etc... all around the $40k price point and yet I'm back in a G8. All cars have drawbacks but I think the G8 has less of them.

I think the SS isnt at a bad price point, its got some upgrades from the GXP which wasnt far off in price years earlier. Had they offered it with a manual I probably would have held out for it. $45k for a large RWD LS powered performance sedan isnt bad, a little FWD VW hatchback with leather is almost $32k for comparison.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.