Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard the new SS will be on display at the Dallas auto show. I saw the vehicle load-in sheet for the show and unless there is some change (which I will let you all know), the SS will be at the Dallas Auto Show this March 13-17.

I believe it will be on a turntable, not sure if it will have a narrator or not.

Unfortunately I won't be there :whine: but will be in Columbus that weekend.

Enjoy, I'll keep everyone updated as I hear more details. :driving:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I just heard the new SS will be on display at the Dallas auto show. I saw the vehicle load-in sheet for the show and unless there is some change (which I will let you all know), the SS will be at the Dallas Auto Show this March 13-17.

I believe it will be on a turntable, not sure if it will have a narrator or not.

Unfortunately I won't be there :whine: but will be in Columbus that weekend.

Enjoy, I'll keep everyone updated as I hear more details. :driving:
I was debating going, but I'm going for sure now!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Confirmed, the Chevy SS will be at the Dallas Auto Show, it's silver and on a turntable.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Went to the auto show yesterday and snapped some pics of the SS! I like it, but wish it was accessible and not on the turntable. I really wanted to check out that interior and look under the hood.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
So Knick, what was displayed as far as info? Anything to tell us HP, MPG, 0-60, curb weight, what suspension they used, etc, etc, etc.?:wink2:

·
Registered
479 Posts
So Knick, what was displayed as far as info? Anything to tell us HP, MPG, 0-60, curb weight, what suspension they used, etc, etc, etc.?:wink2:
Unfortunately I totally forgot to look for any info on the SS...I know I'm a failure.

I was just so excited to see the SS in person, snap some photos, disappointed I couldn't get inside of it and baffled why the 2014 Corvette Stingray wasn't in attendance to focus on finding a plaque that listed the details of the SS.

Maybe someone else who goes will have their head in the right place to look!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Sergeant Type
439 Posts
Looking at the rear, there would be no reason to de-badge anything. haha it looks good, as-is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got to see the show and the SS today. It does look better in person than it does in photos. But I'm still not sold on that front lower grille.

Looking at all the other cars available along with their sticker prices makes me like my G8 even more.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Unfortunately I totally forgot to look for any info on the SS...I know I'm a failure.

I was just so excited to see the SS in person, snap some photos, disappointed I couldn't get inside of it and baffled why the 2014 Corvette Stingray wasn't in attendance to focus on finding a plaque that listed the details of the SS.

OK Knick, you're forgiven, after all you did get some good pics! Now how about all the rest of you that went to the Dallas show, what about the details?:wink2:

·
Registered
21 Posts

All the info was just to your left... I briefly looked over it, but from what I can remember - nothing "new" (info wise) jumped out at me.

6.2L, 415hp... I believe thats all the *numbers* they listed. Everything else was just a text garble.

I'll give it this, it does look better in person...
Was also disappointed to find that the new vette wasnt in attendance either. :(

That SRT Viper though. OMG.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
nice; thanks for sharing. One would have hoped this would have made it to Disney Epcot where GM totally wrecked the "GM Test Track" ride when they converted it into some crazy chevy incarnation. No longer are the pre-production cars in the infield of the outside part of the ride, and there was no SS to be found ... fail.

Thanks for posting the pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts