Pontiac G8 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I'm waiting for the govt. to say GM's plan for profitability sucks and pulls their loans.
Somehow I doubt even Pelosi is that stupid! Too many pissed off voters to deal with for a new President and Demo Congress. They may make them go back for a second and third try at a recovery plan, but pull the loans, highly doubtful!

Gonna throw a big "Down with GM" party when that happens MAB? :gr_jest:
Up for the party, hopefully to celebrate the rescheduling of the ST in MY '12! Considering your current employment status, I assume this is going to be a BYOB thing?:drink::popcorn2:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Up for the party, hopefully to celebrate the rescheduling of the ST in MY '12! Considering your current employment status, I assume this is going to be a BYOB thing?:drink::popcorn2:
I was asking MAB if he would be throwing a party. In my case, it wouldn't be BYOB, it would be CYFYWTMH (Can You Find Your Way To My House). :gr_jest:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
They're listening, they just don't care at this point. Maybe in a couple of years, if everything comes back to a more normal condition, they may be more willing to listen to focus groups. Until then, they will be listening to Govt types to ensure the $$ keeps flowing.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So send letters to your congressmen demanding they make the G8 wagon, lol.

Actually, we might be on to something. Send them a letter saying how you want to get away from an inefficient SUV, but need the versatility of a larger wagon. And that by killing the G8 SW you have to buy foreign or buy an environment killing (make sure to use the harsh language, regardless of truth) SUV.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Think they have time to answer letters while driving their SUV down to the corner grocery for a mocha? You'll have to wait until they are at the gas station, filling up the 40 gallon tank with premium, for them to have the time to text their assistant, to tell them to answer your letter. The letter will contain the usual crap about how their subcommittee is studying the issue, and that they will get back to you after they get back from their current "break", when the subcommittee will resume its hearings on the issue! Yeah, right!:slap:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Think they have time to answer letters while driving their SUV down to the corner grocery for a mocha? You'll have to wait until they are at the gas station, filling up the 40 gallon tank with premium, for them to have the time to text their assistant, to tell them to answer your letter. :slap:
Ah, but you have forgotten that the 40 gallon tanks were filled up with money from the "corporate" account. Now, that's our account. Aveos for all at GM!! :judge:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Perhaps Chevrolet can weld the G8s' back doors shut, cover the back half of the top with vinyl (except for upright opera windows) and call it Monte Carlo then?

Or maybe Pontiac should produce this instead..

Full of new ideas, aren't I?
Fixed the image I think..

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Ah, but you have forgotten that the 40 gallon tanks were filled up with money from the "corporate" account. Now, that's our account. Aveos for all at GM!! :judge:
Oh, you mean make them drive what the Obama Nation is going to make us drive? Pleaaaase! That would never happen!:wink2:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Oh, you mean make them drive what the Obama Nation is going to make us drive? Pleaaaase! That would never happen!:wink2:
Yeah, well Obama is going to have to pry my cold dead hands off my used vehicles (when I get one I like) before I surrender to the small car movement.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah, well Obama is going to have to pry my cold dead hands off my used vehicles (when I get one I like) before I surrender to the small car movement.
Obama will do that buy taxing the crap out of your "cold dead hands" by taxing the crap out of you for not being "govenrment compliant" LOL

I really do not mean to be Obama bashing. Its just the controls now that GM have to do will make their cool cars, look like strip down civics and corollas, get 40 mph, 1-60 in1.2 minutes, and will cost us $35K to have the luxury of buying a "govenrment" car!

mike

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Obama will do that by taxing the crap out of you for not being "govenrment compliant" LOL
Well, he won't see a second term in office then.

dms said:
I really do not mean to be Obama bashing. Its just the controls now that GM have to do will make their cool cars, look like strip down civics and corollas, get 40 mph, 1-60 in1.2 minutes, and will cost us $35K to have the luxury of buying a "govenrment" car!

mike
As was said in the movie I, Robot,
"This can only lead to one inevitable outcome."
"What outcome?"
"Revolution."

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
As was said in the movie I, Robot,
"This can only lead to one inevitable outcome."
"What outcome?"
"Revolution."
Supposedly we have one of those every four years. This one was orchestrated by the the liberals and their buddies the free press. We now have a government of people who think it is perfectly OK to avoid paying taxes, as long as everyone else does, and believe the government is the know all, do all for everything. You people think you had Constitutional freedoms infringed by Bush, just you wait! But enough of this political talk! We keep this up and this thing is going to get closed! Just be glad we have the freedom to choose who comes next........at least for now!:wink2:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Supposedly we have one of those every four years. This one was orchestrated by the the liberals and their buddies the free press. We now have a government of people who think it is perfectly OK to avoid paying taxes, as long as everyone else does, and believe the government is the know all, do all for everything. You people think you had Constitutional freedoms infringed by Bush, just you wait! But enough of this political talk! We keep this up and this thing is going to get closed! Just be glad we have the freedom to choose who comes next........at least for now!:wink2:
Sadly, we don't have the freedom to choose what comes next. If we did, there would be STs & Sportwagons on the roads here. :p

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Sadly, we don't have the freedom to choose what comes next. If we did, there would be STs & Sportwagons on the roads here. :p
Ummm, I was (poorly worded as it was) referring to our next Pres and Congress people. The fate of the ST & SW isn't good, and fading as the Obama Nation takes hold of everything. We'll be lucky if we have the choice of nat gas/electric/hydrogen for the propulsion of our eco boxes the way its going!:err::banghead::rant::The_Villagers:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Ummm, I was (poorly worded as it was) referring to our next Pres and Congress people. The fate of the ST & SW isn't good, and fading as the Obama Nation takes hold of everything. We'll be lucky if we have the choice of nat gas/electric/hydrogen for the propulsion of our eco boxes the way its going!:err::banghead::rant::The_Villagers:
Used cars are fine with me. Plus, I'm a truck kind of guy. Big V8s, here I come.

241 - 260 of 265 Posts