Pontiac G8 Forum banner

261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Used cars are fine with me. Plus, I'm a truck kind of guy. Big V8s, here I come.
I guess I'm fortunate in that I'm of an age that precludes having to put up with the lack of performance cars. That sounds weird! What I mean is, by the time I'm ready to give up my G8 GT I will be in the market for a retirement vehicle. You know, limited fixed income, no need for speed, and preferably great gas mileage (that's a term we'll have to get rid of). I'm already anticipating something electric. I'll run my errands, come home and plug it in. No worries. No fun! But no worries!:wink2:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I guess I'm fortunate in that I'm of an age that precludes having to put up with the lack of performance cars. That sounds weird! What I mean is, by the time I'm ready to give up my G8 GT I will be in the market for a retirement vehicle. You know, limited fixed income, no need for speed, and preferably great gas mileage (that's a term we'll have to get rid of). I'm already anticipating something electric. I'll run my errands, come home and plug it in. No worries. No fun! But no worries!:wink2:
I have no problems with electric vehicles. My gas bill could use some shrinkage. But, 1 reliable electric vehicle is practical.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I have no problems with electric vehicles. My gas bill could use some shrinkage. But, 1 reliable electric vehicle is practical.
I view retirement as a point in life when NOTHING has to be done right away! So reliable is a low factor on my desirability list. Just as long as its not a PITA to keep running, that's all I'll care about. Of, course trips to the dealer would give me something to do! Maybe I could use the opportunity to test drive all the overpriced performance cars!:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Personally, I think you're an ******* for that red statement right there. You just think you made a coherent business case for the vehicle because you don't like the looks of it.

Are you the same kind of idiot that would leave an empty parking spot at the store your were going to because you didn't want to park next "to an AZTEC because it has the same Pontiac badge as my GTO/CAVALIER?"

You know, your GTO and your G8 you have listed aren't exactly mainstream and highly recognized models of automotive desire.

Oh, and which americans would buy a 30000 vehicle with a bed? Oh, I would venture to say about 10000 people that took the time to enter the naming contest. Or how's about the 20,000 people, PER YEAR, that bought new ones during the eighties, at an equivalent price adjusted for inflation?

Better yet, who plops down 40-50 thou for a truck?

And how exactly does the ST lower the Cafe score with a 25MPG compared to what, WHAT DOES A GODDAMN FRIGN TRUCK get FOR GAS MILEAGE!.

"oh, i guess since s9779 says he didn't like it everybody here, SccaGTO, Lscamino, orbit, trishield, chief, bbbb, DollarB, PMD, shaffe, everybody else im forgetting here, everyone should just change their minds because s9779 came into the UTE section to gloat"

with 6 posts.
Hey Archerm3, glad to see you're still ranting like a petulant twit about the ST, and still fulminating over postings you don't agree with.

Want my advice? (Of course you don't.)

GET OVER IT, MAN! Move on with your life. The ST is road kill.

Okay, now tell me off, UPutz.

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #265 (Edited)
Hey Archerm3, glad to see you're still ranting like a petulant twit about the ST, and still fulminating over postings you don't agree with.

Want my advice? (Of course you don't.)

GET OVER IT, MAN! Move on with your life. The ST is road kill.

Okay, now tell me off, UPutz.
Flattery will get you nowhere with us. Also, you did notice that post is over 3 weeks old. Further proof that the enthusiasts are strong-willed. We feel like we've been stabbed in the back by GM. We may get over it, but it won't be overnight. Also, if it's not directed towards you, feel free to not respond to someone else's post.

I almost forgot, some background sized photos of the GM press shots can be found at www.netcarshow.com/pontiac/2010-g8_sport_truck/

261 - 265 of 265 Posts