Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently, my stability control has on occasion been kicking in between 2nd and 3rd when I go wide open. I'm not talking about from a dead stop, rather easing into second and then cracking it open. It is a bit disconcerting because it downshifts when it kicks in and revs jump way up. Never did that for the first couple years I had the car. I did one test with stability control off and it seemed ok. Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Tires getting old?

Also, is your car stock, or do you have power adders and/or a trans tune?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tires are good. I have Kooks LTs, Vararam intake and Magnaflow exhaust. I don't know if it has a tune, I am the second owner and bought it from a dealer. First couple years I had the car it would chirp the tires (older tires). Now I get Stability Control kicking in.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If the tires break loose, the abs module will activate the stability control, some tires dont make any noise when they slip on the pavement,but the speed sensors see it. If there was a fault the warning lights would stay on along those chimes

·
Registered
543 Posts
Oh yeah, all kind of crazy **** can happen, throttle can relax, timing retards etc.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
My car does this, but only when it is wet out. I have headers and VMS tune.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a aggressive run in Sport Shift with Stability Control on today and I saw Stability Control kick in, felt the car buck, but it didn't downshift. That's the behavior I like and remember from the first couple years I had the car. Lately I have been leaving it in D, I'm guessing Stability Control does a little more in D?

Speaking of which I remember when I first got the car I went WOT going under an overpass and hit a small patch of ice, went sideways for a bit but the car recovered...Stability Control saved my ass that day...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts