Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some sunscreen on the black honeycomb portion of the door panel and its left a stain on it, right where my elbow rests.

I've tried a couple of cleaners with no results, 303 & Lexol, so I'm going to need something a little stronger to clean it but I don't want to damage it either, any ideas?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Need something with a mild degreaser. Have you tried dishsoap and water? Don't scrub to hard.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Maybe try using a eraser. I've used pencil erasers for removing dried wax off of black exterior parts. Try not to rub any harder than you would with your own finger on the spot.

Only other thing I can think of is using an all purpose cleaner on a microfiber towel and repeatedly rubbing in a circular motion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This reminds me of some discoloration that developed on top of my door where the window is rolled all the way down and I hang my arm out the window. I couldn't figure out what caused it for the longest time. Then I realized that is where my arm rests when it's hanging out the window. Apparently I have oily skin and it creates fading or discoloration with whatever it comes into contact with on a regular basis (you should see my pillows). Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to restore the finish on that part of my door.

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
Try the "Tuff Stuff" multi purpose cleaner that you can pick up at any auto parts store as well as other retailers. I've used it for years to clean floor mats and all interior surfaces and it works very well with no ill effects I've ever come across. My wife uses sunscreen all the time and I use "Tuff Stuff" on her Accord door panels to clean up the white haze that the sunscreen leaves with excellent results. "Tuff Stuff" comes is in a red and yellow can. I swear by it...Give it a try.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Try the "Tuff Stuff" multi purpose cleaner that you can pick up at any auto parts store as well as other retailers. I've used it for years to clean floor mats and all interior surfaces and it works very well with no ill effects I've ever come across. My wife uses sunscreen all the time and I use "Tuff Stuff" on her Accord door panels to clean up the white haze that the sunscreen leaves with excellent results. "Tuff Stuff" comes is in a red and yellow can. I swear by it...Give it a try.
I've also used this for years. I love it because it seems to be a mild all surface cleaner and doesn't damage anything. It will streak up shiny surfaces though.

·
Flying the Pontiac Flag
554 Posts
I've also used this for years. I love it because it seems to be a mild all surface cleaner and doesn't damage anything. It will streak up shiny surfaces though.
I've noticed that as well and usually follow up using "Tuff Stuff" with a quick wipe of a water dampened microfiber to take care of any streaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts