Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I challenged two other drivers and myself decided to do a standing mile drag race. Went from a dead stop to a one mile distance on a highway. Won't say where obviously. My car obviously, a 08 G8 GT with a 100 shot of nitrous and a livernois tune. Car 1, Dodge Challenger SRT8 Yellow Jacket Edition. Car 2 was a highly modified Chevy Cobalt Turbocharged. Claims it was in the 450whp range. Anyway we bet $400 a race. Challenger and I went first while the cobalt waited near the finish line. I was honestly decently nervous especially betting that much money on it. But we started from a standstill on a pretty much arrow straight highway. Off the line to what was about 100mph he was ahead. He was starting to pull away around then and I didn't think I was going to catch him so I went fast and furious on him and sprayed my 100 shot. I held it until I pulled ahead of him. Probably beat him by only two lengths. One nerve wracking adrenaline pumping race for sure. He was a man of his word and paid up the full $400. The cobalt kid left and refused to race us but said he would post up his short clip on the cobalt forum so once he does I'll link it here.

·
Arrival
183 Posts
300 dollar profit isn't bad at all. Subtracting the cost of nitrous and fuel... And snacks of course... Could have been 600 though. Pansy Cobalt. Good run.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$400 is all the cash I had on me for the bet. The challenger and I were both local. The cobalt kid came from like an hour away for the race then left. Can't say I blame him though.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Lol I've always wanted to do a run better money blind. It sounds like a very fair match there. It really doesn't surprise me the Cobalt bounced out... Probably was more in the 300 range and not 450 range and he just saved money.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't totally blind though. We found each other online and new what the other had to run. At least me and the challenger did. All the cobalt kid said was a 450hp turbo cobalt. I figured in a mile race though balls have a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Good kill . And way to make some mod. money lol.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha no mod money. More like bills.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Is the guy in the Challenger...umm, challenged? Why in the world would he agree to race a tuned G8 GT w/ a 100 shot in a mile race? Obviously you're going to pretty close since he's stock and you're tuned to begin with, with an edge going to him, but you have an instant 50-70whp when you need it @ the push of a button. :driving:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because stock he was at 470hp. Massive 6.1 V8 engine. He in no way was an underdog.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Because stock he was at 470hp. Massive 6.1 V8 engine. He in no way was an underdog.

My bad I keep forgetting about the new ones I was thinking 425

·
Registered
138 Posts
What was your speed?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
6.4L, actually. And still, taking a stock 470 hp car up against a modded 360 hp car that also has a 100 shot of nitrous is pretty ballsy on his part. I wouldn't have bet a dime :).

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
sounds like a blast. I dont have the balls to bet money lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Impressive run! The guy with the Challanger had balls for trying Lol's.
Even with my ProCharger I would have hesitated....
What speeds did you guys hit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts