Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to diagnosis some issues. Have a new crank position sensor and the starter has to come out. How hard is it to take the starter in/out just to gain access to the CPS? Is it harder with LTs? I was under there the other day doing my O2 sensors and the two bolts seem to be accessible. How hard is it to access the starter wires?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going to replace the cam position sensor first before the crank sensor. Mostly because it's 10x easier lol

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
If possible, but sure to purchase a genuine AcDelco camshaft position sensor preferably their GM original equipment versus professional line.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AC Delco from Amazon. 213-3826 gm 12591 Have no idea what version it is. It's for a LS3 Camaro since that's the motor I have.

Easy to get to but difficult to pry out. I've got it to move about 1/4" out and can barely see the o-ring. I assume once I get it past the 0-ring it should just come out.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Directly from Amazon or a third-party vendor? It should.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Direct from Amazon is sold and shipped by Amazon or in this case the camshaft position sensor for $39.45. Some of their third-party vendors are selling cheap Chinese knockoffs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts