Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am from Australia, with a 2008 Alloytec LY7 Commodore Ute.

If anyone on here is on Club VE you might have seen all the rage about the stealth throttle controllers Revhigh offers.

Absolutely gobsmacked at the difference, for those who know me off justcommodores, GM V6 Owners chat, or Scene6 I have been playing around with my V6 for years. Have had multiple tunes, manifold insualtors, cams, supercharger kit and heaps of other mods. The best bang for buck mod so far has been the stealth throttle controller. Completely eliminates throttle lag and tyres spin easily now in my car (manual).

I was speaking to Alex and Joseph, (owners) and asked if they work on the Pontiac and they confirmed that they do. So just a heads up. Would defiantly recommend them. :driving:

https://www.facebook.com/revhigh.obsessions.5
http://www.revhigh.com.au/#!stealth-throttle-controller-vitesse-ve/c1l63

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supposedly the Vitesse ones aren't that great, I've seen heaps of people with error codes, stealth has resolved the issue

·
Registered
117 Posts
I read that vitesse is the original makers of these controllers and io haven't gotten a error code yet. I really like the results I got with it deffinatly helped on the responsiveness. I think they fix the problem with the error codes. Vitesse was very recommended to me by a few people.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read that vitesse is the original makers of these controllers and io haven't gotten a error code yet. I really like the results I got with it deffinatly helped on the responsiveness. I think they fix the problem with the error codes. Vitesse was very recommended to me by a few people.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421513&page=3

Have a read, lots of people getting error codes. Vitesse 100% isn't the original maker of the Throttle Controller. It was a Japanese invention, not American.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Interested to see if this makes a difference anyone install one on a GT L76 or better yet GXP?
Have one on the way, not a gxp but same displacement

·
Registered
397 Posts
Without out getting more details, seeing that the controller only connects to the accelerator, I'm going to have to conclude that the only thing this can do is modify the accelerator inputs. I would guess you could get the same results by simply being more aggressive with the accelerator pedal. I have no doubt that the car will feel more snappy but I don't see WOT being impacted.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You can do this same thing with the throttle with a tune, plus you'll gain horsepower with a tune. You won't gain anything in power with this throttle gadget.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My question would be would installing a ls7 style maf card give the same results most people mention better throttle response after installing a maf card???
Since you have to do a tune with the change in MAF, any changes in feel are probably a result of the tune rather than simply the MAF change. Modifying the throttle map can have huge impacts on overall feel of the car.

I've driven many a rental that would be described by the average person as quick simply because the initial throttle response caused the car to jump from a standing start. After that though it doesn't matter how hard you press the accelerator there is no change in acceleration rate as the engine has no extra power to give.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can do this same thing with the throttle with a tune, plus you'll gain horsepower with a tune. You won't gain anything in power with this throttle gadget.
My vehicle has been remote custom tuned and dyno tuned.

Vehicle has been dyno tuned to suit my Supercharger.
The point of the controller isn't to increase HP, but throttle response, and to be honest this is the best thing I have done to my vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They have a Stealth 3.0 unit out now. Goes to SP11 (more responsive), retunable chip (vitesse suits 1 vehicle only), includes an anti theft mode and now also includes an AUTO IQ Intelligent mode, which is like a set/forget setting, haven't tested it out yet, put a deposit down for one

1 - 20 of 25 Posts