Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, it's been bugging me that I have yellow and red reflectors on my car (not that they aren't great colors). So I found some blue transparent tape and 5 min later, it's done. What do you think?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
LIke the blue marker lights very much. How did you get the tale to cover the G8 and Pontiac arroz so evenly?
That's just an optical illusion. I only covered the red and yellow's.

Sooo much blue flake in this paint, makes anything around it look blue :)

Here's a good pic of the flake...notice it sill will reflect some at night.

·
Registered
705 Posts
OK had me fooled! So you just did the lights in black, and the G8 logo just looks blue from the paint reflection. So what's the blue tape role for other than to throw me off track? ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually liked the contrast on the blue without the tape. But, it looks phenomenal either way! It's hard not to like any variant of this car. I just love the feeling of walking toward my black one every morning... ;)

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
How was though is that going to hold up especially on the front side markers. because at the top of the marker is little lettering which would keep tape from sticking 100% to the top cause of the lettering. I want to do this too

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How was though is that going to hold up especially on the front side markers. because at the top of the marker is little lettering which would keep tape from sticking 100% to the top cause of the lettering. I want to do this too
It should be just fine. I placed the tape where it wraped around the edges of the plastic. You can see the lettering if you get within a foot, but you can't tell otherwise.

The tape is pretty cheap. Here is where I bought it. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&catref=C6&satitle=tape&sacat=-1&catref=C6&sadis=200&fpos=29708&sabfmts=1&sacqyop=ge&sacqy=&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=paperstreetplastics&fsop=32&fsoo=2

·
Smurfette's a whore
240 Posts
Looks very nice, especially on the front ones. The rear ones looked fine before, but the front ones definitely look better covered up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts