Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title states, do to the horrible job they did on the factory stereo I am forced to up grade!!!! so far, these are the items I have in hand or that are in rout to my home to be installed:

Alpine DVA-9861
alpine h701 & RUX-C701
HI002: LCD HVAC Controller for Pontiac G8
VG sharkfin

(2) zapco 4.0's
zapco 9.0

running 3-way active front stage using:
Polk SR 6500 set
Fountek FR89EX 3" Full Range

and for the lows:
three 10" TC Sounds OEM Dual 4 Ohm‎ sub's

will post pictures once i begin.... also for those that have done an after market upgrade to there stereo....which steering wheel module are you guys using to retain steering wheel stereo functions and is there anything else i need to watch out for?

thanks,
cheech

·
Registered
216 Posts
Interesting choice of dual single din options, most would go for a double. What are you plans for mounting them?

I'm seriously thinking about getting a mount 3d printed if I can ever come up with the 3d model for it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i wanted to do something that i could get to sound really good, image properly and run optical outputs to the processor! None of the new double dins or most of the single dins don't have optical out anymore. I attended the Mark Eldridge's Sound Quality Seminar and he came to the "get together" we had and he helped alot of us level match and test for clipping/ distortion. that combo I'm using (running it optically) did not clip until after the volume knob was at 35/35 so, with the volume at 34.... it was clean as a whistle!!!
once we pull out the factory unit... I'll post pic's of what was done to mount them and the LCD HVAC unit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which steering wheel module are you guys using???

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just installed a pioneer double din in my car along with the touchscreen hvac controller. Still working on the fiberglass trim panel for it but making progress. As far as the steering wheel controls I used the axxess ASWC-1 works pretty good. Not great but good. It auto programs so piece of cake to install, 3 wire hook up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just installed a pioneer double din in my car along with the touchscreen hvac controller. Still working on the fiberglass trim panel for it but making progress. As far as the steering wheel controls I used the axxess ASWC-1 works pretty good. Not great but good. It auto programs so piece of cake to install, 3 wire hook up.
Volume control? I swear you guys make it difficult not to pull the trigger on this type of project lol.

I'm thinking of trying to incorporate one of these guys + some MDF and fiberglass to see if I could come up with a solid looking mount

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=49855&picture_id=-1

·
Registered
91 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts