Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dropped off the G8 at Dynamic Sounds in Brenham to get a stereo upgrade. Its getting new components, 2 amps, 10in sub, all from memphis. Its also getting the interior fully dynamatted. Im hoping all the dynamat will help with the interior noise and get the G8 quieter like my CTSV. Here is what they got done today. I'll try to keep this updated with pics.

Audio going in

Before

·
Registered
805 Posts
Nice toys in that signature!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Be sure you have them do the rear deck top and bottom, where those two black boxes hang and the factory subs are located. This is where most rattle occurs with factory and aftermarket subs

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice toys in that signature!
Thank you

Be sure you have them do the rear deck top and bottom, where those two black boxes hang and the factory subs are located. This is where most rattle occurs with factory and aftermarket subs
They did all that today actually. They said the exact same thing.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Subd

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure, I'll try to find out how many boxes they used to get rough idea.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anymore updated pictures?
not yet, they are closed on mondays so i'll probably have more tomorrow im guessing

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Before

After

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow looking good! My doors are dynamated on my G8 and it made a big difference from before. I can't imagine how quite your car will be and how great the stereo setup will sound. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wow. That is an insane amount of dynamat! I hope you're planning to do the outer door skin as well. You could probably use something similar to second skin sludge.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts