Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting my head unit replaced with the Kayhan Audio, G8 design system or the Aerpro Double Din. anyone have any input on the better unit of the 3. I like the Kayhan and the options it offers.

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Welcome. Searched the forum for more information?

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
759 Posts
I installed the G8 Design and am quite happy with it. I think it is a matter of preference.

As Pony Man stated, there is plenty of input on the forum for either of the three.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Initial versions of the Kayhan are somewhat glitchy. I've made do with mine for 3 years now, so still livable depending on one's patience level I guess. They are on V4 now which I hear are a lot more stable and I think V5 might be released soon.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I put an Aerpro kit with an Alpine head unit in my wife's G8 and she's more than happy with it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
To me it would come down to HVAC controls. G8 Design was touch, Kayhan is touch (I believe), Aerpro isn't. I pulled my G8 Designs to go back to stock. I miss the functionality of a nice aftermarket radio, but it didn't have Android auto anyhow, only Apple car play. If I was doing it again I'd do Aerpro simply due to HVAC controls. But I hear that Aerpro has temperature control in Metric vs Imperial, so something to bear in mind. Might not bother you, would drive me nuts.

-J

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Kayhan has an optional HVAC button pod that sits in the cupholder. I have it and use it most of the time, but it doesn't have all the functions.

Reactions: lastcall190

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm planning on getting my head unit replaced with the Kayhan Audio, G8 design system or the Aerpro Double Din. anyone have any input on the better unit of the 3. I like the Kayhan and the options it offers.
G8 designs works good. Just needed a better bezel.

Raleigh

Motor vehicle Steering wheel Radio Vehicle Car

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is another option available from alpine. It looks much nicer in my opinion.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive been a loyal Alpine cust for over 40 yrs, Ive tried everything i can to get an American copy of that. Even the Alpine reps at my local Alpine auth Superstore acted like it was impossible to get this in America. Ive called stores in Austrialia and they have them, but wont ship to usa. I give up. Im on the pre-order for the next batch from G8Desins

1 - 11 of 11 Posts