Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought SteveGTs G8 in late January. He had taken extremely great care of it, and had installed some very tasteful modifications. But of course I had to make it my own. When I picked up the car it had a tad under 19000 miles, and when I returned home it had 19200 on the clock(Has 21200 now... isn't my DD).

The first thing I did was raise the car a little(1.5"). I asked Steve to lower it all the way down like he had before; not knowing how extreme it was. It looked killer, but wasn't fathomable for the roads around here. I then took it to a local performance shop and got it re-aligned. The 2nd thing I did was order a SOLO Mach Axle-Back with 3.5" tips to replace the factory axle-back with the "washer mod." It sounds absolutely insane!

A few weeks after I owned the car I had taken it to my tuner and got him to look over the car. He had found a few vacuum leaks on the FAST manifold and also on the RotoFab Intake couplings. So after fixing those(The FAST was a PITA) he immediately re-tuned the trans, WOT and driveability. The PatG tune was great, but Steve had installed a RickC Ported TB, and hadn't had the chance to re-tune it. I then took it to the track on the street tires and clicked off a [email protected] on a full tank of gas(The same times Steve ran on street tires). The car made 403/369 on a Mustang Dyno.

Soon after I started working on some visual modifications. I started with a Emblem I had my friend Jaison over at Third Shift Studios make to my desire. Then I installed a VG Sharkfin. Then I ordered some new CCW center caps(The CCWs have LPE Center caps). I still have not been able to install those yet.

About 4 weeks ago I purchased a Vararam for an insane deal. I then had my tuner do a quick before/after tweak(I couldn't get my car on the Dyno for a few weeks) I liked the RotoFab, but couldn't pass up the deal on the Vararam. From my experience with my GTO(Had a House of Power OTR and picked up 23WHP and GREAT throttle response) I knew I would like the better throttle response of the Vararam. I ended up going to another friends well known LSx shop and put it on his Dyno because my tuner just didn't have the time at that time. Granted this was a DynoJet, I knew I wouldn't get real world comparing numbers, but I wanted to check my tune and make sure my A/F's were good(they were a little off, so we adjusted it 2%). The car made 436/403....but again that was Mustang vs DynoJet numbers.

My latest mofications have been a B&M Supercooler, and I just installed some Deep Red Spyder LED Tail Lights. I noticed alot of people were going with the Black, or the tinted deep red ones, and I had done black on my last 2-GTOs......so I opted for these. I think they came out GREAT and I haven't seen them on any other G8s besides the one on Maverick Mans website. I also re-installed the chrome grille surrounds.

Anyway....sorry for the rambling. Here are some sub par pictures and a video of the exhaust. I plan on getting some better pictures taken after I polish the wheels and install the CCW center caps. I also did a in-car sound test on my GoPro that I've been trying to upload, but PhotoBucket doesn't seem to like the 8:50 video.

Grille Surrounds re-installed:

New Tail Lights:

Stickers coming off....I tried it....cant do stickers. lol

Badge:

Closest picture I have:

Exhaust Video:

·
Registered
936 Posts
God that thing is clean.. Personally, I prefer the blacked out grill surrounds, but to each their own; it looks great either way. I really need 3.5" tips after seeing this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
556 Posts
The car looks great.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Farsighted....your car is only one of three G8s that I would ever consider "trading" mine for if ever presented the opportunity. Also, very well done!

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Thats a good looking car. Do the CCWs clear brembos? And are they very heavy? They look good.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've read mixed reviews on whether or not Brembos would clear. I know that there is a GXP on CCWs website that has 19s like mine. But I don't know whether or not the offset is different for GXPs. I'm sure a quick call to CCW would answer that question.

I was thinking about a GXP upgrade soon. My buddy has a 10' CTS-V that I want to swap wheels with to see if they clear V brakes. I know if they clear those they would clear GXP brakes. Who knows, if they clear new gen V brakes I may spend the extra money for those.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually took that picture with my iPhone while I was at a pool tournament. Saw some nice lighting right before dark so I snapped a couple pictures.

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
889 Posts
The car looks great, love those wheels.

·
Premium Member
10,254 Posts
Nice. Nothing like taking it in a different direction to suit your needs, well done.

I see you dumped the v6 tails? Or did I read those pics upside down?

I love my v6 tails, but hey thats just me.

That l76 badge is a bit big on the trunk, but otherwise I like the modifications. And geesh, ya can't go wrong with solo!! :D

--zepcom

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well Steve gave me the choice of V6 tails or GT tails....I liked the GT tails better. Then I saw the Red LED tails on Maverick Mans site and loved that they were darker than the V6 tails, a brighter reverse light and of course LEDs.

Yea I agree the badge is a touch too big.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.