Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a baseline run today before I start mods. 09 GT. Bone stock runs. 315.5rwhp and 330 TQ on a dyno jet dyno. Very good numbers for a bone stock car. Maybe why I run a 13.5 at 103 also. I can't complain one bit about the numbers for stock. Also ran my buddy's 2012 GT 500. He put down 653 rwhp and 625tq! Awesome running car! All stock besides a ported throttle body. I wish it would hook on the street...

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice baseline numbers, but 650rwhp on a stock gt500.. You gotta be sh**ing me!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Might wanna check that dyno out. Stock 2012 GT500 has 550hp and 510 ft lb of torque at the crank. So your about 150+rwhp off.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Did a baseline run today before I start mods. 09 GT. Bone stock runs. 315.5rwhp and 330 TQ on a dyno jet dyno. Very good numbers for a bone stock car. Maybe why I run a 13.5 at 103 also. I can't complain one bit about the numbers for stock. Also ran my buddy's 2012 GT 500. He put down 653 rwhp and 625tq! Awesome running car! All stock besides a ported throttle body. I wish it would hook on the street...

Nice numbers for a stock GT!

Also you sure you don't mean a 2013 GT500? If not those numbers are way off for a 2012 stock.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry it is a 2013 not 12. And yes 653 is 100% correct. Dyno operator has done several tunes on them and said that is correct rwhp. He guessed 625. Car is an absolute animal on the street. I'm gonna run it on the road course in a few weeks with some track tires and see what I can get out of it for him. Should be fun. Last year he couldn't make it around without almost wrecking and having to stop to throw up. Lol. He couldn't handle the G's. And we're pilots.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Sounds right figured it was a 2013 from those numbers. They are beasts but hard to get traction.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Good numbers for you Josh. I need the ford to drop a big turd in. Ask him if I can borrow hi portable toilet. For real though set it up in a couple weeks. That thing won't hook on the street.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was surprised he wanted to even dyno it. He has been scared of it since last year at gingerman. It really is overpowered with little traction. I'm glad I put down good numbers stock. Kinda wonder what it'll do after Rick Crawford tune. Gotta download HP Tuners new version before I do his tune though.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts

·
Camshaft Master
126 Posts
My numbers bone stock were 300rwhp, forgot torque numbers. Dyno was a dyno dynamics..which i'm told reads close to 30whp lower then dynojets
Was able to get a [email protected] out of this setup, in sport mode, stock tires and everything.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Damn nice stock numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts