Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my suspension and just went out and measured my current stock height from center of the wheels to the fender. I got: 381mm (15") Front and 394mm (about 15 1/2") Rear...

Is it possible for the front to be that much lower just from collapsed bushings/bad struts??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
It says that if ride height dimensions are bad, you need *new* coil springs. But the factory readings show *front*= 15.47" and rear+ 15.39. As long as the readings are within 1/2" of each other, it is to be considered normal. If you took a reading with a full tank of gas, an carried a full spare tire, maybe those readings might shift say 1/4" lower in the rear and 1/4" higher in the front, and look real close to each other. I'm pretty sure coil springs require a (very long) in use time, before starting to collapse a little.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my suspension and just went out and measured my current stock height from center of the wheels to the fender. I got: 381mm (15") Front and 394mm (about 15 1/2") Rear...

Is it possible for the front to be that much lower just from collapsed bushings/bad struts??

Thanks
is your car V8 2009 ? if yes - it is normal ...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

is your car V8 2009 ? if yes - it is normal ...
So glad you replied! Yep, 09 GT. I actually measured bc I was going to order the king/monroe combo and wanted to see which size springs I should get. Since it's my DD and I'm not too big of a fan of a bumpy ride, I was originally thinking KHFL-150SL (380mm) fronts and KHRL152 (395) rears not knowing what my current height was. Now I'm scared to spend the money since I'll be at the same height haha.

Do you think just replacing my crapped out mounts along with new FE3s would raise the front back up? I honestly like where it is now.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Do you think just replacing my crapped out mounts along with new FE3s would raise the front back up? I honestly like where it is now.
Yes it will. Maybe not full 10 mm, but you can add a spare tire to drop rear 5+ mm too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...I'm tempted to just deal with the chance of added height if it will save me money.

Side note: Has anyone installed the lovells eliminator struts with stock springs? They're pricey but sound like just what I'm wanting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts