Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran into issues with the DOD components not handling the hp the procharger gives? Pros & cons?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think the only way the DOD components (i.e. lifters) would feel the increased power from FI would be via a higher rpm range - should you allow it - and the intake valve will feel the boost in terms of the pressure applying a force to open the valve (use pi * valve radius squared * psi to get the force reducing your seat force.)

·
1 of 927
257 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I know of one car that ran a p1 and dod for 30k miles no issues. He did a dod delete eventually. IMO you are tempting fate but that bring said there are cars with and without issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
keep the rpm's down and dont have it on kill 100% of the time,
and you should be okay for a while.

....but what kind of fun is that ? especially with fi.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
If your engine has the original Eaton lifters. The photos above apply. If your engine has had the lifters replaced you are OK.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If your engine has the original Eaton lifters. The photos above apply. If your engine has had the lifters replaced you are OK.
Why? Because the dod lifters are known to have problems or because the different cam profile for a charger will have stronger springs and could wear the dod lifters out prematurely?

Will the procharger hurt the lifters, or any internals, faster or are you just saying the lifters aren't good from stock so they should be replaced for safety?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts