Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've owned this g8 for about 3 years now, purchasing it off my dad. Just today while running some errands as I got home and looked on the hood of my car I noticed my hood scoops were gone. Confused because I had no idea that these could necessarily be worth stealing. Come to the thought that they must have been stolen while I was out because I checked the past 5 days on our cameras where they could have possibly been stolen.

I've checked every junk yard in my state to see if I could buy some, without any luck I thought just buying some off of ebay or from GM. $600 is crazy expensive for appearance pretty much, not to mention having to get them painted to the color of my car. To be fair I love this car and want to keep it in as best condition as I can, just not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I don't know, but your area of Illinois looks a lot like mine. Hopefully your thief got his fill and leaves mine alone.

Sorry man.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's unfortunate and the sets I knew of were already sold. Can try Facebook G8 classifieds as well.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have one used one that you should double sided tape on. The usual clip broke but the other is there. I'd ship it for $225. I was keeping it as a spare but i don't really drive mine anymore anyway.

Discontinued from GM FYI

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
437 Posts
I know a place you can get a new one for 200. Can't remember which side scoop it was though. Pm me if you need the info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They do look niceJam

When I had my 88 GTA Trans Am I always got my WS6 wheel caps swiped some people are scum.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Not quite my cup of tea, but another option nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
True albeit they're somewhat easier to find and subsequently less expensive to replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My sister used to get her Ttops stolen from her corvette. She couldn't afford new ones from GM, she always found a set thru a local salvage yard. She wondered if she was just buying her old ones back all the time, and the thieves were creating their own market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My sister used to get her Ttops stolen from her corvette. She couldn't afford new ones from GM, she always found a set thru a local salvage yard. She wondered if she was just buying her old ones back all the time, and the thieves were creating their own market.
I don't doubt that they do. I've always thought that whoever did steal items like that off of cars clearly knows what they are worth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts