Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
switched over to brembos and now ive noticed the brakes are shaking when pressure is applied. ill be pullingthem apart to hopefully remedy the idea bowever it seems a bit too late for my hawks pads due to uneven wear. my question is has anyone used these ceramic stop tech pads? are the weightless? im hesitant to go with hawks again due to the dusting with my slotted rotors.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
switched over to brembos and now ive noticed the brakes are shaking when pressure is applied. ill be pullingthem apart to hopefully remedy the idea bowever it seems a bit too late for my hawks pads due to uneven wear. my question is has anyone used these ceramic stop tech pads? are the weightless? im hesitant to go with hawks again due to the dusting with my slotted rotors.
I'd go with Carbotech 1521 compound pads (P/N CT1001-1521).

They are known to have the same stopping power (if not better) as the OEM Brembo (Ferodo) pads but with much less dust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd go with Carbotech 1521 compound pads (P/N CT1001-1521).

They are known to have the same stopping power (if not better) as the OEM Brembo (Ferodo) pads but with much less dust.

i assume the talk about the non skating versions are weightless?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
GXP25
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing